Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-30-2011, 05:48 PM   #1

K5, 55-300 or UV filter problem?

Hi,

I have a lens 55-300 with which I've always very happy (on my K100Ds).I put a UV filter (praktica) from the firsts days and never noticed any problems.

I recently upgraded to a K5 and during a trip where I used this lens, I had few photos with very stange colors, very blueish and looking like overexposed, very satured. Here are some samples:

what is this due to ?
I'm suspecting the UV filter (and I wish it is the problem) but I never had any problem with this lens and filter before.
NB: This was taken during a very sunny day.

did some of you already experienced such problem?

some others photos taken the same days with this lens were ok, and other photos taken the same days with all my others lenses (limited) are all ok too.

thanks

nb: the artefacts are due to compression but colors are the same.

edit: just noticed that one of them was taken with my DA15 (without filter), so it is definitely a K5 problem or ?

Attached Images

Last edited by oliver939; 05-30-2011 at 05:54 PM.
05-30-2011, 06:05 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Apart from the overexposure problem of these images, I'd say they look about right. Your PP process should incorporate white balancing and exposure, so these can be rectified somewhat, particularly if you shoot in RAW. If you're shooting JPEG out of the box, then you may need to dial down your exposure by a stop or so, and you may notice the look of the image change from oversaturated to normal when the exposure is fixed.
05-30-2011, 06:53 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Looks like a combo of overexposure and bad post processing. Try reseting your camera to factory defaults, take a picture in auto jpeg mode and post that without any pp done to it.
06-06-2011, 08:12 PM   #4

Original Poster
thanks for the replies and sorry for teh delay in feedback.
You are right, I did a mistake and left +1ev (just noticed on the exifs).
I'll have to watch out for this.

Nevertheless, I'm thinking +1ev is not much and I could get back a proper exposure but apparently not. Too much high lights.

thanks again for noticing my mistake