Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-06-2011, 06:50 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Spiratone RapidRail Macrobel bellows

I just picked up one of these for $4 at a thrift store, for Olympus OM-1 and OM-2 mount. It looks like it's never been used. Desiccant bags were still in all the boxes, there's not a mark or a spec of dust or a single fingerprint anywhere on anything.

It comes with a bellows, 75mm flat-field f3.5 T-mount lens (with Olympus adapter), and both ends of the bellows are olympus mount.

How much is something like this worth? I haven't been able to find much on eBay.

Charles.

06-06-2011, 07:24 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The quick answer is that it is worth $4 (what you paid). Beyond that, it is may be worth more to the right buyer. From your description, the lens end of the bellows is T-mount. Is the same true of the camera end? If so, the unit is widely adaptable and would be worth somewhat more, though I don't think I would pay more than about $40 with lens.

Steve

(BTW...I am a cheapskate)
06-06-2011, 07:30 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Could be very useful. Check to see if the lens mounts can be easily removed from the bellows and exchanged for PK mounts. Often there are just small set screws holding interchangeable lens and body mount adapters in the third-party gear -- sometimes they even used T-mount adapters.

Scavenged adapters from cheap/broken bodies and lenses can be epoxied on to the bellows frames for a convenient fix if interchangeable adapters aren't available. In some cases it makes sense to permanently modify the bellows frames with Tamron Adaptall fittings if you use a variety of bodies.

H2
06-06-2011, 08:44 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Both the lens and camera end of the bellows are olympus mount. The lens is T-mount, and there's a T-mount to olympus bayonet adapter that screws onto the end of the 75mm lens so it will attach to the bellows.

Not sure I care enough about this to convert it to pentax, I've got so many lenses and goodies that I don't play with already. I might rather just eBay it off.

Charles.