Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-08-2011, 10:09 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Pentax-A 50mm F1.2 seller

Is this seller genuine?

Brand New Pentax smc A 50mm F1.2 Lens MF K-7 LX MX MZ...USD 701.22/Piece Wholesale Price at DHgate.com

Does anybody have experience with this website?

06-08-2011, 10:24 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think that price is about 150 too high, anyways.
06-08-2011, 10:27 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by paperbag846 Quote
Well, if it's a new unopened copy then the price is probably about right. A used A50/1.2 in EX/EX+ condition sells for somewhere around $550-575 right now.

QuoteOriginally posted by rajubhai55 Quote
Is this seller genuine?
That I have no idea about.
06-08-2011, 10:28 AM   #4
Site Supporter

The website I haven't seen before, but they are a Chinese business-to-business reseller (more like a broker I guess) that connects sellers and buyers, and this one will also allow transactions with quantity as low as 1. There several other websites like it that I have seen. The actual seller for that lens is listed in the box on the right on that page:

Seller: yzorro
Transactions: 3784
Positive Feedback: 93.3%

Clicking on their store lists them as:

Shenzhen Nandao Electromachinery Co.,Ltd
Professional Manufacturer on consumer electronics,such as mp3/mp4/mp5 players,mobile phones,power supplies,various kinds of adapters and chargers...

Looks like a lot of random goods made in China for sale from them, including what look like cloned battery grips (which they inexplicably list as 'original'). I'm not sure what to make of them selling a Pentax lens, but supposedly the Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2 is still in production to some extent, and the price is in line with what I'd expect for it these days. Nonetheless, I'd personally be more comfortable importing the lens from a more reputable seller in Japan, not from a Chinese seller through some middle-man website like that.

06-08-2011, 10:35 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by paperbag846 Quote
If it is from the new batch made last year or so, it is actually cheaper than resellers in Hong Kong were selling them for.
06-08-2011, 10:38 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
If it is from the new batch made last year or so, it is actually cheaper than resellers in Hong Kong were selling them for.
No idea about seller but I would be cautious spending so much from unknown seller.

Btw. Surprising to know that this lens is still in production - will they ever make AF version.?
06-08-2011, 10:42 AM   #7
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by yusuf Quote
Surprising to know that this lens is still in production - will they ever make AF version.?
They turned out a new batch or 2 but whether or not if they plan on doing that in the future is anyone's guess. It could be that in all the moving etc related to Hoya acquiring Pentax that the found enough parts to build up these. The also recently provided batches of FA 35/2 AL and FA 20-35 lenses. As far as an AF version of the 50/1.2, it would be interesting if the were working on it, but Pentax has always kept things close to the vest and even more so under Hoya so I would have to say that it is wishful thinking at present. However, Pentax is small enough that they could turn out batches of lenses from time to time.
06-08-2011, 04:05 PM   #8
K-9
Pentaxian

He has a lot of negative ratings. I personally would not buy from someone with that amount of negative feedback.

06-08-2011, 04:39 PM   #9
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
He has a lot of negative ratings. I personally would not buy from someone with that amount of negative feedback.

I agree with you there. There are too many opportunities to get this lens without taking that kind of chance.