Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-10-2007, 11:01 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Yeah, I got it bad......

Since I got a pretty good deal on a SMC K-mount 200/4, I figured it needed it's Super-Takumar predecessor to keep it company:-).

This picture was taken with the SMC Takumar 50/1.4. I haven't had a chance to shoot with it a whole lot and at first I tried f16 to get a lot of DOF. The pictures were terrible! What the heck. Is the lens a really bad copy? It sure looks nice. But when I backed off into the middle ranges (f5.6-f8) it showed it's stuff. It's a very nice lens also but my copy doesn't do f16 at all. Well, I mean it does but diffraction is really bad.

11-11-2007, 01:43 AM   #2
Veteran Member

One can never have too many Takumars lying around.
11-11-2007, 08:15 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I went on a little binge in the last couple of weeks. I'm waiting on the 135/3.5. The guy said it was a Super-Takumar but the picture is of a Super-Multi-Coated Takumar. He didn't specifically say the pictures were of the actual lens but, of course, I'm hoping:-). I'll be happy if it's the Super, though, if it's in as good a shape as the description.
I will now have the Super-Takumar 28/3.5, the SMC Takumar 50/1.4, the Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 135/3.5 (I hope), and the Super-Takumar 200/4:-).
It's about time for the eagles to show up on Lake Coeur d'Alene and I still don't have a Pentax 300mm in any flavor:-( and I'm running out of money. I'm still looking for a good deal......
My Sigma 70-300 might have to be good enough this year but I want a Pentax 300mm.