Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2011, 02:27 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The original Zeiss formula K-mount lens is...?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteQuote:
"Originally designed by Zeiss for an alliance with Pentax, [the K-mount] was intended to be a common lens mount for a proposed series of cameras and lenses. However, the plan failed to work out and the two firms parted company amicably, but Pentax retained the lens mount and at least one Zeiss lens design for its own use."
I used to know this!....I'm ageing very disgracefully! Can someone please remind me which lens this was again? I did search the Forum and trawled the K-series database but nil!

Cheers.

06-11-2011, 02:32 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stillshunter Quote
I used to know this!....I'm ageing very disgracefully! Can someone please remind me which lens this was again? I did search the Forum and trawled the K-series database but nil!

Cheers.
Haha

In fact, the K-mount is closely related to the Contax/Yashica mount. So Contax/Yashica back caps fit perfectly on PK mount lenses.

And to my knowledge there were two lens designs Pentax got from Zeiss: the SMC Pentax 1:2 28mm (the same as the Zeiss 28mm f/2 T* Distagon) and the SMC Pentax 1:3.5 15mm (the same as the Zeiss 15mm f/3.5 T* Distagon).
06-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stillshunter Quote

Cheers.
I think you're talking about the K28/2. Not sure if this link might help.

edit: never mind, Asahiflex beat me to it
06-11-2011, 02:52 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
For our Italian readers, the articles by Marco Cavina are a superb source for more information regarding the Zeiss - Asahi cooperation:

SMC* PENTAX* 28mm f

06-11-2011, 03:20 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
and the SMC Pentax 1:3.5 15mm
Great RARE lens there! (if you are referring to the Takumar version)

Vintage Pentax SMC Takumar 15mm WA Lens Distagon Killer | eBay

I think the SMC Pentax labeled one was more readily available...

EDIT: Would love to have that lens, the $2K it sold for I think was worth it for that particular one, the "QA" sticker on that lens looks brand new...

---
06-11-2011, 11:24 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks guys, that's it the 15mm!!! Is that the K15/3.5? I got a little excited because there's a K30 advertised but I wasn't sure whether this was it. Happy to find out NOT! before I put my bid in.

I didn't know the K28/2 was a CZ formula as well...bet they're as hard to come by too. Looking at the Reviews section it's a monster of a lens but...