Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-12-2011, 10:22 AM   #1

[langtitle=fr]compatibilité FA 80/320 FA et K100D Super[/langtitle]

Bonjour,

Ai utilisé FA 80/320 FA sur Z1 avec supers resultats.

Aujourd'hui, FA 80/320 FA utilisé sur boitier K 100 D Super = blocage boitier+lens... Snif!!!!

Suis preneur de toute info pour ce probleme.

MERCI

06-12-2011, 10:34 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pat83 Quote
Bonjour,

Ai utilisé FA 80/320 FA sur Z1 avec supers resultats.

Aujourd'hui, FA 80/320 FA utilisé sur boitier K 100 D Super = blocage boitier+lens... Snif!!!!

Suis preneur de toute info pour ce probleme.

MERCI
Early versions of the black Pentax FA 80-320mm had compatibility issues with the chip inside them with later bodies. I've read there was long ago a time when Pentax would re-chip the lenses for compatibility, but I'd guess that time is over. From what I've read the silver versions of this lens don't suffer from this problem. Is the FA 80-320mm you are talking about a black or silver version?
06-12-2011, 10:59 AM   #3

Original Poster
Bonjour Nater,
Merci pour ta reponse rapide. Effectivement j ai une version noire anterieure a l'annee 2000. Sais tu ce que je peux faire pour reparer??
06-12-2011, 12:49 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pat83 Quote
Bonjour Nater,
Merci pour ta reponse rapide. Effectivement j ai une version noire anterieure a l'annee 2000. Sais tu ce que je peux faire pour reparer??
I did some searches, and turned up some threads that indicate that it's not a chip issue, but rather a mechanical contact issue. There's this thread here:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/101505-fa-80-3...t-working.html

And then this thread:

FA 80-320mm doesn't work in f"A" position: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

In particular there's this post in that second link: "As I remember there is a design flaw (I think anyway) that the 'A' mechanism is prone to break on this lens. It's not really the chip. I have never repaired this lens myself so cannot recommend further. But if you can do simple repair you might be able to fix it cheap."

06-13-2011, 02:39 AM   #5

Original Poster
Merci pour ces infos.
Je vais donc me concentrer sur la puce et sur la probleme mecanique sur le "A".
06-13-2011, 10:15 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The silver one I had a couple years ago worked great.

Bought a cheap black one off ebay and none of the electronics worked.

If you can see in this pic, some of the contacts are lower than the others:

It may have just needed new springs to press against the metal pins, but I got it cheap enough to warrant professional repair (plus a focus adjustment). I didn't see an easy DIY fix...maybe stretch the springs or locate some from a forum member? Measure one, then make a thread in the Wanted section of the Marketplace perhaps...

Taking the lens mount off is easy, getting it back together requires three hands.