Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-11-2007, 03:08 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Tripod socket for Bigma

I have loosen off the clamp.

When I wish to turn the lens from veritcal to Horizontal, the lens either sticks or is difficult to turn.

Is there something I can either spray or wipe on the inside of the socket, to allow the lens to turn easly.

Thanks

11-11-2007, 03:19 PM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm not sure what the issue is. I just tested mine and if i loosen the collar and then turn the collar 90 degrees then tighten it down the lens acts normally. Focus and zoom rings are the same in both positions. Did you move the collar forward a bit and tighten it too much? Maybe causing the lens to bind up a little? If it works in portrait mode it should be the same in landscape.

I wouldn't lubricate anything on the lens as it could get inside on the glass or aperture and you would be faced with an expensive cleaning. Try it again and make sure the marks are lined up straight before you tighten the collar and don't over tighten it.
11-11-2007, 04:02 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Remove the socket completely. There is a notch that will allow it to come off the lens. Once that is done, inspect both the lens and the tripod collar.

I would not lubricate it at all for the same reasons the previous poster mentioned. It should fit snugly but freely.
11-11-2007, 05:34 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If absolutely necessary take the tripod socket right off and away from the lens.
Then apply a small amount of car wax to the socket it's self.
Then buff it off like on the directions.

This might allow everything to slide a little bit better, and shouldn't hurt the lens.