Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-14-2011, 08:39 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I thought maybe it was like the pin on an m42 lens, but seems a bit thick for that.
If it will press down and allow aperture use, there would be a work around.

06-14-2011, 08:41 PM   #17
Site Supporter

He's got both.
The flag pin and a round post.
06-14-2011, 10:38 PM   #18
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
@OP,
If your lens is also marked KR with an A(P) aperture setting, it is indeed a Ricoh/Pentax mount. That protruding lever is the aperture stop-down flag. It has NOTHING to do with any shutter! You should be able to set the aperture to something like f/11, then push that flag, and the iris should close down. Some KR lenses do have the bad Ricoh pin, but that flag isn't it, and none of my Sears KR lenses contain it.

The third-party (such as Sears) lenses for Konika cams that I have seen are marked KAR or K/AR, not KR. Note that Sears marketed lenses from many lensmakers (including Pentax) and multiple versions of the 135/2.8 exist -- I have had 4 different versions for Pentax, each with slightly different mounts. Is that flag (pin) round or flattened? If it's indeed round, then it is most likely NOT for Pentax.

Clearer pictures would really help.

Ok... aperture stop-down level...cool.... It is round and it still doesn't do anything when push. The iris doesn't close down, also turning the aperture ring (f/22 to f/2.8) doesn't open or close the iris either.

After looking over the lens I can't find an marking that say KR, KAR, or anything. So I am guessing it's not a Pentax lens.

Did you happen to see the 2nd picture I posted? It's a clearing shot.

Thanks for your help

Last edited by Cregar; 06-14-2011 at 10:45 PM.
06-15-2011, 10:11 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cregar Quote
Did you happen to see the 2nd picture I posted? It's a clearing shot.
Aha, I just saw that shot! It's definitely NOT a Pentax-mount lens. I don't recall which mount uses that round pin, and I can't check my references till I return home in a few days, but you can safely skip this one and get on with your life!

06-16-2011, 06:11 AM   #20
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Aha, I just saw that shot! It's definitely NOT a Pentax-mount lens. I don't recall which mount uses that round pin, and I can't check my references till I return home in a few days, but you can safely skip this one and get on with your life!
Don't worry about checking, the seller already refunded my money with no problem.

Thanks again to you and everyone else who helped out.

2 more day till "WORLD PENTAX DAY"
06-16-2011, 06:48 AM   #21
Site Supporter

Happy to help Cregar.....
Sorry it didn't work out.
Keep hunting, lots of nice 135s out there.
Don't discount a Takumar, w/adapter, it's sweet...........
06-16-2011, 07:51 AM   #22
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Definitely not a Pentax lens mount, Minolta MD looks favourite, but should stop down on the ring if it is.

06-16-2011, 11:12 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
On the aperture ring, there should be letters to the right of the f/stop numbers...that is your mount, just like shows in shooz's post.

Not like it matters now, though, but just for future shopping reference

Was this the "macro" version by chance? Want mine? It's PK.
06-17-2011, 02:13 PM   #24
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
On the aperture ring, there should be letters to the right of the f/stop numbers...that is your mount, just like shows in shooz's post.

Not like it matters now, though, but just for future shopping reference

Was this the "macro" version by chance? Want mine? It's PK.
Not the Macro... would have been nice. I might be interested, shoot me a message on what your asking for it.