Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-16-2011, 10:57 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Zykkor Canon FD Lens to Pentax K Body Adapter??

Hi,

Anybody used this adapter? I'm interested in getting one and try some Canon FD prime lenses out.

06-16-2011, 11:16 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The lenses will focus to perhaps 10 feet or less (depending on focal length)...
06-16-2011, 11:39 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
in the accessories forum, Douglas of Sweeden has a thread running with all possible adaptors to K mount.

There is one (I have a copy) which has optical correction elements to allow for infinity focus with the increased regestry distance of the pentax body AND the thickness of the adaptor.

It works the same as the one without optics, specifically you have a fully manual aperture, BUT to correct for infintiy focus, it adds magnification, so it becomes a 1.4x teleconverter essentually, with corresponding loss of one stop.

It works well when stopped down, but is quite soft wide open.

Due to the TC effect, and image multiplication, it does not do a lot of good for wide angle, but may have some interest for normal and above focal lengths
06-16-2011, 11:50 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The only FD glass I find compelling are the Ls and SSCs...then I wouldn't want to stick a cheap TC behind them

Personally, I'd just look for Pentax-mountable lenses or modify the camera mount to use C/Y, OM, etc which have a similar register distance to PK.

06-16-2011, 11:54 AM   #5

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Zykkor adapter doesn't seem to solve the problem. Probably I'd need to live with m42 and Pentax lenses ^_^.
06-16-2011, 07:21 PM   #6
Veteran Member

If you want to use FD lenses, get a NEX or NX or m4/3 digicam. Or an FD film cam! But forget about optical adapters.