Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-16-2011, 08:23 PM   #16

I agree with a lot of the reasons already posted. The most obvious thing that popped into my mind was 'normal' inflation. On top of this, I expect (though I have done no research and thus have no evidence to support this) is the growth in the number of Pentax (D)SLR owners. This would surely have an impact on the prices of out-of-production lenses.

06-16-2011, 09:27 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I think what you're all neglecting is the effects of all forums like these have had over the last few years, touting the old glass, showing off the great pictures, combined with the rise of micro four thirds and other mirrorless systems like Sony NEX where old glass is very popular and easily adaptable. All of this has spiked online demand for old glass (just do some google searches for old Pentax lenses and see how high up in the search results this forum shows up, often with good pctures and praise...)
06-17-2011, 12:15 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Right after I joined here I saw my one Takumar going for like $100 on Ebay. I was surprised to see it go for that much then. A year later? That same Takumar has gone for double plus a bit more a few times while I watched. I don't want to give it up, but if it ever gets to $500? That's it, the lens is likely sold. If people want to pay that kind of crazy money who am I to tell them otherwise? I dearly love my Takumar, but I could buy 2 good AF lenses for that!!!!