Photos: Gallery
I carry nothing but primes with me in my bag, and the bulk of them M42s:

S-M-C Takumar 28/3.5
SMC Takumar 55/1.8
S-M-C Takumar 105/2.8 (always mounted)
SMC Takumar 135/3.5

SMC-A 50/2
Cosina MF 20/3.8

There is another Super Takumar 135/3.5 and a Super Takumar 200/4 at home, together with a SMC-M 50/1.4 and SMC-A 28/2.8. My only zooms (and auto-focuses), the 18-55 kit lens and the FA J 75-300 sit at home and only see use when the wife or kids are going to use the camera.

I did break down and get via auction (awaiting delivery in a couple of days) a SMC-A 35-105 with a constant 3.5 aperture. I got it specifically for going out and shooting events on the weekend, as it covers all the lengths I need and has constant aperture. The primary reason for choosing it was to allow me to lighten up on camera gear to free me up for hauling off-camera flash gear around more easily, and ease of use with the flash setup is what made the constant aperture appealing.

Other than that very specific task-oriented choice, I am perfectly content to carry and use nothing but primes.