Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-20-2011, 10:25 AM   #1

DA* Focus Ring 50-135 Problem

Hi Guys!
I don't know if anyone have had ever experience such weird problem.
I have recently bought a DA* 50-135 2.8 from a member here and it worked fine for a day, then the next day I tries to use the lens, the focusing ring doesn't want to focus - BOTH Auto and Manual focus does not work. It gets stuck close to the infinity side.

What I am saying is that when you tries turn the ring it will turn but the focus does not change. It may seem like the gear has detached, but then it works if you rock the ring back and fourth slowly.

There is definitely no sand or anything stuck in between, because the ring turn as smooth as butter. I also have not put it through the test of weather, so it's good! It also doesn't seem to be like the SDM motor problem, because i have never heard that the MF will also fail, usually the lens will still work manually, right?

I contacted the seller, he said he had never drop the lens (tho with scratch mark), and the parcel i receive seems to be a good condition so I don't want to accuse him with anything. But can someone point me at the right direction on what I should do in such situation/or what the problem actually is?

PLEASE HELP! Thanks!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
06-20-2011, 10:40 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Send it in for repair (CRIS cam will fix it free if still under warranty). Probably focusing clutch is getting stuck at infinity.

http://www.criscam.com/third_party_logistics_pentax.php

Last edited by GLXLR; 06-20-2011 at 10:49 AM.
06-21-2011, 09:25 PM   #3

Original Poster
this is what I am trying to find out from the seller, he said he lost the recipt. What should I do ='(
let say its a clutch problem, how much approx would that cost to fix?