Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-23-2011, 09:46 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I don't think Pentax should do 1.4X tele, they don't really have fast super telephoto lenses (300/2.8, 400/2.8), only lens can be use the 1.4X is the DA* 200/2.8...

Please no DA* 85mm/1.4, make it D-FA* 85mm/1.4 would make perfect sense...

Don't think they are going to make anything longer than 400mm at this point...

I personally think that Panasonic should buy Pentax from Hoya, then they (Panasonic) can start producing APS-C size sensored DSLR under Pentax brand, eventually get to make a Full-Frame system; at this point, Leia lenses would be looking lovely on Pentax systems!!!!!!!! DIG THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet this would get some debate going hehe

06-23-2011, 10:05 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by luke0622 Quote
I personally think that Panasonic should buy Pentax from Hoya, then they (Panasonic) can start producing APS-C size sensored DSLR under Pentax brand, eventually get to make a Full-Frame system; at this point, Leia lenses would be looking lovely on Pentax systems!!!!!!!! DIG THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet this would get some debate going hehe
Well this is for another thread to discuss, since a lot off options where named in the past (and future will be) like Samsung, JVC and Fuji.

This survey and thread is about new lenses for Pentax K-mount in near future.
06-24-2011, 08:22 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Boy I hope you are right. With that new Q I am lost at the direction they want to go. Maybe they will read this.
06-26-2011, 02:42 AM   #19
TZH

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by garyk Quote
Boy I hope you are right. With that new Q I am lost at the direction they want to go. Maybe they will read this.
Neither do I....
Have to wait and see hows the Q perform.

Last edited by TZH; 06-26-2011 at 03:02 AM.
06-26-2011, 11:05 AM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well that was a missing from my site, since I almost never use my 14mm, but often use 21mm lens. As for Tilt-Shift, it jumped to my mind about an our after the poll opening. I think there should be a T/S-lens in future. The problem with 11-16mm is that it doesn't offer a lot more then current 12-24mm, but coult be a very good replacement.

Then again, no worry's since this is a survey for near future lensdesigns and with the current list we can have enough new lenses til Photokina 2014.
That depends on your use. I almost never use any lens beyond 55mm (15% or less), so I do not see much lenses that I would buy if there no ultra-wide offering soon. I have to settle for the 12-24mm F/4 on the ultra-wide size but I would like it to be weather-sealed and wider.

On a Nikon full-fame loaner, I shot with a 14-24mm F/2.8 and the perspective to me is awesome while maintaining awesome quality. I heard the Tokina 11-16mm F/2.8 is extremely good. For Pentax, I was not able to get decent image quality below 12mm (returned both Sigma and Tamron lenses).

- Itai
06-27-2011, 08:36 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Update for over 300 poll entry's.

The results are updated and some changes are in it.
  • DA*135mm/f2.0 is still popular enough, but with some reservation's.
  • DFA*500mm/f5.6 is short on votes to stand out in the survey.
07-05-2011, 10:13 AM   #22
Forum Member

I think a DA 135-400mm/f4-5.6 DC WR would be a great addition to the Pentax lens lineup. It would give Pentax a lens to compete against the Canon 100-400mm, Nikon 80-400mm, and Sony 70-400mm lenses. My friend left Pentax because he couldn't buy a Pentax lens like this (he didn't like the Sigma's). He now owns a Canon 7D and the 100-400mm.

I'd also like to see them update the DA 55-300mm with a DC WR version. Actually, I'd like to see the DC autofocus in most of the DA and D FA line (not a big fan of screw drive autofocus noises), and of course an updated SDM-II.

Last edited by JeremyP; 07-05-2011 at 03:08 PM.
07-31-2011, 02:34 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Update on july 31th

I updated both pdf's based on the results of the poll entry's on july 31th at the time that 392 voters where in the poll.

The next update will be just before I will hand over this survey to Ricoh. I will make an appointment with the Dutch Headquarters by the end of our summer holidays.

So please keep voting, since the bigger the pool off voters is the more important the results are.

Thanks for your attention.

08-01-2011, 02:26 AM   #24
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I updated both pdf's based on the results of the poll entry's on july 31th at the time that 392 voters where in the poll.

The next update will be just before I will hand over this survey to Ricoh. I will make an appointment with the Dutch Headquarters by the end of our summer holidays.

So please keep voting, since the bigger the pool off voters is the more important the results are.

Thanks for your attention.
Great work so far Ron, keep it up and hopefully RICOH/PENTAX will take our advice in consideration!
08-01-2011, 02:56 AM   #25

Photos: Albums
If I were dealing with these decisions I'd certainly be interested in reading it. You point out several strengths and weaknesses of the survey.

On the first page it says "<400 poll entries". While the next page clearly shows that there are a lot of entries, perhaps it would be better to round down and use "more than" instead of rounding up and using "less than" (ie >350 poll entries). Mathematically, 1 poll entry is <400. A cynister reader could by this logic dismiss the report as one or very few persons' opinion, skip the rest and continue with "more important" work. This survey is a lot more than just one person's opinion.

Great work!
08-01-2011, 07:35 AM   #26
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by thorwb Quote
If I were dealing with these decisions I'd certainly be interested in reading it. You point out several strengths and weaknesses of the survey.

On the first page it says "<400 poll entries". While the next page clearly shows that there are a lot of entries, perhaps it would be better to round down and use "more than" instead of rounding up and using "less than" (ie >350 poll entries). Mathematically, 1 poll entry is <400. A cynister reader could by this logic dismiss the report as one or very few persons' opinion, skip the rest and continue with "more important" work. This survey is a lot more than just one person's opinion.

Great work!
Thanks for your redings and work. Well the next time there wil be stating >400 poll entry's. So that wil be better. When reading back then you can find that the top5 in the list was already the same at the time that there where only 100 poll entry's. The big pool off voters make these answers to the question: Where to put our R&D money in? an easy answer.
09-30-2011, 10:21 AM   #27
Pentaxian

Original Poster
For Ricoh to read!

I updated the reports on the survey. To find in the opening thread.

So I hope that Ricoh will do something in future with our demands as a usergroup.

I'm preparing a hardcopy to reach out to Ricoh.