Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
06-29-2011, 06:18 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by twitch Quote
I think we are overdue for some new lenses. 2010 was the year of the new Camera bodies, this year hopefully we'll see at least 2 new k mount lenses.

I for one though don't mind in the least if Hoya just repackage FA & FA* lenses in DFA clothes, I don't see it as a negative like ogl does. It's about the result, and if the result can be achieved with less investment/effort then great! It's not like the 100mm macro for example was flawed anyway, they made a smart move just repackaging that one.
Mhm! And wouldn't we like to see the old F 135mm come back into production only in a new limited-like package??

06-29-2011, 07:51 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ubuntu_user Quote
Mhm! And wouldn't we like to see the old F 135mm come back into production only in a new limited-like package??
I do
06-30-2011, 01:18 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
considering the price of technologic patent, i think that Hoya/Pentax is still working hard on K mount (and related technology) despite what we think. They ask for patent a new SDM ring motor, some new special lense (with uncommon reach). Patent require time and money. Never forget about it. But all in all, if Pentax was ok to re-sell again some FA/F lenses like the F135/2,8, it will be so great, and maybe a best seller
06-30-2011, 01:25 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Last I checked, they had released at least 5 new lenses for the Q, and 2 for the 645D.. And its only just about going 1st of July.... looking at the calendar thats still another 182-odd days left in the year ??

Or is this thread just because the Q bashing is now on its 10th circle ?

OGL; Its pretty apparent you are not satisfied with Pentax. One has to ask - Why do you bother ? Why don't you list your stuff in Marketplace, and move along now ? If Pentax don't do anything to your liking (painfully apparent based on the 30+ posts on it on a daily basis) why waste the energy posting about it ? I'm really curious, as I'm sure others are, what you hope to achieve with the complaints and spam regarding your opinions ? I'm pretty sure you wouldn't find any of us over at Canon Forums expressing why we don't like Canons on a daily basis, likewise Nikon. Why do we get the joy of having it here ?

Last edited by adr1an; 06-30-2011 at 08:37 AM.
06-30-2011, 02:36 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:

OGL; Its pretty apparent you are not satisfied with Pentax. One has to ask - Why do you bother ? Why don't you list your stuff in Marketplace, and move along now ? If Pentax don't do anything to your liking (painfully apparent based on the 30+ posts on it on a daily basis) why waste the energy posting about it ? I'm really curious, as I'm sure others are, what you hope to achieve with the complaints and spam regarding your opinions ? I'm pretty sure you wouldn't find any of us over at Canon Forums expressing why we don't like Canons on a daily basis, likewise Nikon. Why do we get the joy of having it here ?
i was starting to wonder too.
06-30-2011, 04:19 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, I don't usually agree with ogl, but I have to say that Pentax does need to continue designing lenses for the upper end user (who isn't using the 645D). DA limiteds, DA * lenses, and FA limiteds all have excellent quality and filling out those lines, even it is at a rate of a couple of lenses a year should be done.

Q Mount is fine, but it has been worked on for the last 5 years per the press release and shouldn't effect current developments on the K Mount side.

Pentax needs to come out with a lens road map again -- even if it doesn't have hard dates on it -- just so photographers know what lenses they are working on and what to look forward to.
06-30-2011, 12:51 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Pentax needs to come out with a lens road map again -- even if it doesn't have hard dates on it -- just so photographers know what lenses they are working on and what to look forward to.
I've been getting this awful feeling that Hoya are going to spend all their R&D on the Q and its ilk. I'm happy with what I have, and I don't *need* more lenses, but I sure do want to have access. There was nothing new at PMA Sydney, except the Q and we had to look at it under glass which was no more exciting than seeing web shots of it... the rest was.. same ol, same ol.

I'm starting to wonder if they are going to just give up the APS-C genre and concentrate on stuff that Canikon doesnt do, as Olympus and Panasonic pretty much have.

06-30-2011, 01:00 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kyteflyer Quote
I'm starting to wonder if they are going to just give up the APS-C genre and concentrate on stuff that Canikon doesnt do, as Olympus and Panasonic pretty much have.
I don't think that's very likely. I think they will continue to try and create product lines like the Q which (potentially) offer things other brands don't, but I don't think they are giving up on ther APS-c line at all. They released a significant number of lenses 3 years ago which created a nice base of lenses. It wouldn't surprise me if over the next couple years one or two more lenses come to supplement their current lineup, but I am certainly not expecting a significant number in the near future either.

I also agree with Rondec that a roadmap would be nice, but at the same time, I doubt we'll see one any time soon
06-30-2011, 01:03 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm hoping for a new camera, lens and flash this year. I have nothing to back that statement up except my hope that Pentax is still a viable company and still moving forward and not sideways or downwards.
06-30-2011, 01:06 PM   #25
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by kyteflyer Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by dgaies Quote
I don't think that's very likely. It wouldn't surprise me if over the next couple years one or two more lenses come to supplement their current lineup, but I am certainly not expecting a significant number in the near future either.
As for Q I think this can be a nice camera system for the future. Bringing out every year one new lens and camera body will keep that system alive and kicking.

I don't worry either for aps-c camerasystem. Some new lenses would be nice. I don't think there will be anything going far beyond 300mm I guess since demand is to low. There are some gaps to fill but there is also a need for more users of the system to expand the lensline.
06-30-2011, 01:14 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
...there is also a need for more users of the system to expand the lensline.
Agreed. But you know for that to happen, there needs to be this thing called marketing. And as far as I see it, Hoya/Pentax has no idea how to market anything. They seem to be stuck in a world where Pentax is a well respected and oft-used and recognised brand and Canon is a mere blot on the horizon. The only people doing any marketing is us. Word of mouth is what sells Pentax and its just not enough.

At my local camera store, there are HUGE posters of Canon cameras plastered all over the windows for passers-by to drool over. Where/what is the Pentax advertising? A single sign with no gfx in a darkened spot over the door, on the inside, where you *might* see it if you happen to look up as you are leaving with your new 5DMkII.

They are crazy. They don't provide the materials to the resellers and then probably wonder why the market share sucks.
06-30-2011, 02:58 PM   #27
Veteran Member

I third that motion!

If a DA*135mm were put on sale, my credit card would be smoking from the quickness of me buying one...
06-30-2011, 03:35 PM   #28
Banned

Well there is no reason for Pentax to bring a 135mm/f2.8 in production since that is part of the DA*50-135mm/f2.8 and would eat out on sales of the zoomlens.

A DA*135mm/f2.0 would be a very different lens, more expensive, but find it's way very quickly into my camerabag.
06-30-2011, 04:14 PM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Well, I don't usually agree with ogl, but I have to say that Pentax does need to continue designing lenses for the upper end user (who isn't using the 645D). DA limiteds, DA * lenses, and FA limiteds all have excellent quality and filling out those lines, even it is at a rate of a couple of lenses a year should be done.

Q Mount is fine, but it has been worked on for the last 5 years per the press release and shouldn't effect current developments on the K Mount side.

In this case I have to also agree with ogl. Since Pentax is sticking with the K-mount along with the new Q-mount and the 645-mount they need to continue to release high-end lenses for the uper-end user. There are gaps in the high-end line-up that needsto be filled. Also a few mid-range lenses would be ok.

Dave
06-30-2011, 04:31 PM   #30
Veteran Member

I would buy a DA* 135mm f/1.8 in a heart beat. Yes f/1.8 , if they are going to make it might as well go for faster than f/2