Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-30-2011, 05:47 AM   #1

K5 backfocus and the infinite

Hi,

I had some thougths about a strong backfocus on my new k5 and I finally tried to do some tests with a chart (not so easy) and decided to set a +10 AF correction for all my lenses.

I suspected having this problem mainly with my 55-300 but also with my limiteds (15, 21) without being sure about a BF or FF though, but just noticed less crisps and punch when comparing with my old K100DS rendering.

Anyway, I just did the adjustment and will see very soon if I'm happy with it taking real life pictures (Im tired of this focusing chart )

But an idea just came to my mind: I remember that with my 55-300, when doing astrophotography, so having to focus manually because of lack of contrast, I had to turn the focus ring not completely untill the end (until it can not go further mechanically) but a bit before.

I'm wondering if now this will change with my new settings and hopefully if the K5 will focus on the infinite when the focussing ring will be at its max (or actually minimum) position ?

Any experience about that?

thanks