Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-02-2011, 02:13 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
LBA has struck me again..

3 months ago, I was contemplating on whether to get a DA 35 f2.4 or the DA 35 f2.8 ltd. Since the DA 35 ltd was out of my budget, I decided on the DA 35 2.4.

Was happy with that decision, the lens was everything I wanted. Slightly larger FoV compared to a 50mm, reasonably fast, light, etc. etc.

Today, I visited a shop that sells second hand stuff, and saw a DA 35 ltd. I had previously seen it before, but the shop was selling it at a price almost equal to a new lens. Today, the price was dropped a bit, and upon inspecting the lens, I found out that it's condition is still quite good; just a bit of scratches on the body, but optics-wise still excellent.

Had the 'should I buy it?' moment for a while, asked for a better price, and just bought it.

Initially, I was thinking, "I could resell it for a much higher price", since the lens was in good shape; and keeping the DA 35 2.4.

But, after playing around with the DA 35 ltd a bit, I fell in love with it. The macro capability, the sharpness, and quick shift; all of it was perfect.

Now, I'm thinking of selling off the DA 35 2.4 and keeping the ltd. But even after selling it, I will still have a bit of a dent in my finances..

Why oh why did I buy it..

07-02-2011, 03:18 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ha, you did the right thing. My DA35mm Ltd is my favorite lens ever. I am quite sure I'd like the 35mm 2.4 a lot, as well- but I wouldn't have the macro, or that totally addictive fine feel...
07-02-2011, 08:17 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Sell the plastic 35mm, you'll recover financially. I've had the 35 Limited for a few days and it's a very good lens. Shame I couldn't keep it