Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-02-2011, 02:11 PM   #1

[langtitle=pl]Asahi Pentax-m 50mm/f:1.4 Problem[/langtitle]

Hi, I have a lens as in title (Asahi Pentax-m 50mm f:1.4) and also problem with it. I tried to clean the fungus spots inside and I made one step too much :/ I disasseblied this lens and now I can't put it correctly together :/ Aperture ring works perfectly but I can't set the proper distance. I mean that this silver ring in a black tube isn't turning :/ Sorry for my bad english but I hope that someone will understand what i meant. I have all the pieces, nothing is left, I think I know how it should be working but I can't do it :/ Please help me. I know it is a good lens and i want to use it, so it's very important for me.
I can also add some photos of a part that I'm writing about if necessary.

07-03-2011, 03:37 AM   #2

Original Poster
So, is anybody able to help me? Please...
07-03-2011, 07:28 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
Pritchard,
I have a similar project planned these are the sites I saved to use as a guide, all in English language. Hope this helps

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/maintenance-repair-articles/88051-pentax-...ng-repair.html

Digital Camera Repair: Pentax 50mm lens fix

Pentax 50mm lens fix

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-beginners-corner-q/72755-repairing...m-1-1-7-a.html

Pentax 50mm repair 1
07-03-2011, 08:21 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pritchard Quote
So, is anybody able to help me? Please...
Did you remove the glass set from the lens body? Pictures would help understand exactly what your problem is.

07-04-2011, 11:27 AM   #5

Original Poster
Hi, all these links I've seen before, and unfortunately there is only about cleaning from dust and fungus Thanks for Your help, I still need something like repair manual, to see how this lens is put together. Maybe You have such a repair manuals??
07-04-2011, 11:29 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
Did you remove the glass set from the lens body? Pictures would help understand exactly what your problem is.

Yes, I am able to remove all glass from the lens body. I will try to upload some pictures tomorrow and hope it will help to explain what I'm writing about
07-08-2011, 03:08 AM   #7

Original Poster
This is wahat I'm writing about:

07-08-2011, 06:22 AM   #8

Original Poster
Is anyone able to help me ?? Please, I need to know how to fix this lens.

07-08-2011, 07:32 AM   #9
Inactive Account

This doesn't look familiar to me. What Should happen is when you put the lens set into the body, there are two tracks (removable) that the lens will ride up and down on. These keep the lens glass set itself from spinning while you turn the focus ring. Getting the lens put back together properly is a balancing act between getting the lens screwed in to the body and having the focus ring in the right place. Otherwise, at one extreme or the other, the lens will not work (close up or at infinity). There is a set screw of sorts under the focus ring (usually) that dictates how far the focus ring can be turned in each direction.

I don't know if any of this is helping you or not. I've never taken one of These apart.

07-08-2011, 07:54 AM   #10

Original Poster
I know exactly what You mean. But I need specific information about this silver ring in the lens. Whether it should be turning or not? On which direction unscrews itself?
07-08-2011, 08:20 AM   #11
Inactive Account

I don't have the specifics you seek but it seems to me, that ring ought to be attached to the body somehow. The threads that remain don't look long enough to allow the lens to focus all the way in one direction or another (once assembled). If I remember correctly parts of the lens body are held on and in place with tiny set screws. Possible that ring should be held in place With set screws on the focus mechanism? SOMEthing, attaches the focus ring so it can actually push the lens in and out of the body.

07-08-2011, 08:42 AM   #12

Original Poster
There are no screws. It seems that this silver ring is screwed into the black (larger) ring. I have no idea which direction should I twist it and whether is it detachable?
07-08-2011, 09:15 AM   #13
Inactive Account

Without taking mine apart to see for myself (something I don't particularly care to do), I'm afraid I'm out of ideas.

Perhaps something in here will help.

PENTAX MANUALS

You might also try here..

Topics - The Classic Camera Repair Forum

07-08-2011, 10:35 AM   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pritchard Quote
I know exactly what You mean. But I need specific information about this silver ring in the lens. Whether it should be turning or not? On which direction unscrews itself?
The silver (actually aluminum) ring should turn. The focus ring on the lens attaches to it. It has fine-pitched threads on its exterior. Interior threads engage the grooves on the lens tube and are very coarse in comparison.

The aluminum ring should be screwed into the black tube as far as it goes, then loosened slightly - maybe 1/4 turn. Then try to screw in the lens tube. There are usually two or three ways to start this coarse thread but only one way will put all the guides and aperture controls in the right place. I have to admit to only getting this to work once. When it went together properly I considered it a miracle.