Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-02-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Generic Adaptall 2 mount ring - Anybody using one?

Hey there.

Since there aren't any electrical contacts on the standard PK Tamron Adaptall 2 adapter, is there any reason the generic ones on eBay won't work as well?

Thanks,
Bobbo :-)

07-02-2011, 03:53 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I have one that I got from an eBay seller in China. It's just a straight forward mount without any moving parts or contacts. If you put this mount on your Tamron Adaptall-2 lenses you will have the same level of functionality of an m42 lens with an m42->PK adapter; stop down metering. Leave the camera in P mode (defaults to Av mode), focus wide open, stop down the lens to shoot, or stop down to focus and shoot. Camera meters to whatever lens opening you are at, at the moment you press the shutter.

Thanks,

Last edited by excanonfd; 07-02-2011 at 03:55 PM. Reason: punctuation error
07-02-2011, 06:48 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by excanonfd Quote
I have one that I got from an eBay seller in China. It's just a straight forward mount without any moving parts or contacts. If you put this mount on your Tamron Adaptall-2 lenses you will have the same level of functionality of an m42 lens with an m42->PK adapter; stop down metering. Leave the camera in P mode (defaults to Av mode), focus wide open, stop down the lens to shoot, or stop down to focus and shoot. Camera meters to whatever lens opening you are at, at the moment you press the shutter.

Thanks,
Hmmm. I think I would probably be better off with the original since I want to retain the manual green button metering. Probably better quality stuff too. Thanks for the info.