Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2011, 11:12 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
I like enlarger lenses on bellows. I have more than a few, including EL-Nikkor, Leitz, Rodenstock, Schneider, Novoflex, Steinheil, Eastman, etc. All but the Novoflex were under US$25 shipped; most were under US$10; some were four for US$10 shipped. Just a couple hours ago, I won an Ilex Anastigmat f/6.3 enlarging lens. No idea of the focal length. Decent but uninformative pictures. Meagre description. But I won it for 99 cents plus US$1.48 shipping, so I DON'T CARE!!! I love two-buck lenses.
I haven't gone so far as enlarger lenses yet (knowing me I'll eventually try it). I have dipped into modifying mounts though. I got an olympus with a pk mount and have started tearing into a minolta mount vivitar to see if I can hack it onto my pentax.
You have to love terrible pictures and description mixed with .99 starting price and low shipping.

07-05-2011, 06:18 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ripit Quote
I haven't gone so far as enlarger lenses yet (knowing me I'll eventually try it).
Why wait? Edge-to-edge flatfield sharpness, small, dirt cheap, etc. Some 50's for studio macro, 75's for portraits, 90-105-140-162 for general work. And the incredible Schneider Betavaron 50-125/4 enlarger zoom. Throw in some odd projector lenses (60-100-127 fixed, and 100-150 zooms), and copy and xray lenses, and you've got whole new realms to explore. Some cheap bellows and tubes and adapters, VOILA!
07-05-2011, 06:29 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Why wait? Edge-to-edge flatfield sharpness, small, dirt cheap, etc. Some 50's for studio macro, 75's for portraits, 90-105-140-162 for general work. And the incredible Schneider Betavaron 50-125/4 enlarger zoom. Throw in some odd projector lenses (60-100-127 fixed, and 100-150 zooms), and copy and xray lenses, and you've got whole new realms to explore. Some cheap bellows and tubes and adapters, VOILA!
I have small children at home (4 and 6) and really don't get much free time (not really a bad thing, I want to spend time with my kids). My life is full of projects and things that are half finished or waiting to be gotten around to (not to mention lenses left out are lenses played with and destroyed). I was only able to drag out all the lenses for the resolution test because I was on vacation and the kids were gone all day. As they get older though, I find I have more free time so someday. Of course that could be done bit by bit as small projects so maybe I should just bid on a projection lens to play with to get started.
07-05-2011, 06:05 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
One other little problem with getting enlarger lenses right now anyway. Its rent time, and shortly after talking about it with the wife, she caught me with an ebay tab open that said you need to leave feedback for 15 items (I think I'm in trouble, lol).

07-05-2011, 08:26 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ripit Quote
One other little problem with getting enlarger lenses right now anyway. Its rent time, and shortly after talking about it with the wife, she caught me with an ebay tab open that said you need to leave feedback for 15 items (I think I'm in trouble, lol).
I just lost a batch of 4 good enlarger lenses on the bay. I only bid US$1.25 and was beaten out at US$1.50. Plus five bucks shipping. Darn. But if I'd won, I'm sure I could have explained it. ("See dear, very cheap, eh?") And I encourage the purchase of nice stuff, so I get some leeway. But I might be in trouble in a couple weeks. Uh oh...