Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2011, 08:57 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Any good lens store in Detroit area?

Hello all!
I'll be in Detroit for a few days for business travel, and may have some time for shopping. I'm thinking about a Sigma 10-20, or Tamron 10-24 or maybe a flash unit. Couldn't find any "known" retailer in the area, can anyone help me indicating a place I may find what I'm looking for?
Thanks
Stefano.

07-04-2011, 12:34 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I live in the Detroit area, Oakland County. Only one store I know of has anything Pentax and thats "Camera Mart" on Telegraph Road Pontiac MI.

CameraMartUSA.com - The Web's #1 Source for Camera Equipment

The last time I was in Camera Mart they did have the K-7 and some lens (this was before K-5). But I would call them first before driving too far to see what they have you may be interested in.

There are a few Ritz Camera shops around as well. They usually don't have Pentax stock.

Can you believe I bought 80% of my system here local at Adrays Camera that's now out of business. They had a large selection of Pentax gear relatively speaking...
07-05-2011, 12:20 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Many thanks indeed! I will try to get in touch with them and see what they have!
07-05-2011, 03:38 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Take a drive across the river to Windsor, Canada. Henry's has a store there and they carry Pentax.Maybe Ned should take some lessons from Pentax Canada... Sorry, but there are times when I would like to walk in to a physical establishment and see something with a Pentax label on it.

Remember to take your Passport - so that you can get back into the country....