Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2011, 11:34 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
DA* and DA Limited lens repair options?

I've got a DA* 50-135mm f/2.8 that has a failed SDM (started failing under warranty but didn't completely fail until it was out of warranty...bummer). This same lens got blown over off of a tripod which broke the mount (K20D unharmed).

Also have a DA Limited 70mm f2.4 that did a face plant from a tripod onto carpet which dinged the lens hood pretty good, enough that it doesn't screw on correctly. Lens itself is fine.

What are my options for getting these lenses repaired and what can I expect to pay, especially for the 50-135 with the broken mount and failed SDM?

Am I looking at hundreds of dollars for repair?

Besides Pentax service in Chandler AZ, are there other options for who can repair these lenses? I'm in the southeast USA.

Thanks,
Terry

07-06-2011, 05:59 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Crickets

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
da, da limited lens, k-mount, lens, lens repair, lenses, options, pentax lens, repair, sdm, slr lens, tripod