Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-06-2011, 02:26 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
A slight quibble on some of the above: LTM (Leica threadmount) RF lenses should numerically be referred to as L39, not M39. Russian M39 lenses (Industar, Jupiter, Helios, etc) for Zenit SLRs have the 39mm thread but a 45.46mm register, same as Pentax-Praktica. All the L39 lenses with a 39mm thread for RFs have the Leica 28.8mm register.

Then there are enlarger lenses. Many (not made in USA) have 39mm thread, but since they have no built-in focusing mechanism, the concept of 'register' doesn't really apply. So we can call those LTM or L39 or M39 or whatever, although LTM is best IMHO.

Just to keep us on our toes, Leica M bayonet-mount lenses have a 27.8mm register, shorter than LTM. So LTM lenses can be used (with adapter) on an M mount. In fact, *any* SLR or RF lenses that I know of can be adapted to M-mount. (Exceptions: NEX, m4/3, NX, K110.) So keep that old glass from Olympus (Pen-F, 4/3, OM), Konica, Canon, Fujica, Minolta, Exakta, Petri, Contax, Yashica, Nikon -- they'll all have a home.
Um. I see.

So to keep things simple, let's concentrate on the forthcoming "M" module from Ricoh. Which adapters exist to mount my Minolta SR ("MD") glass?

07-06-2011, 02:44 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by uccemebug Quote
Which adapters exist to mount my Minolta SR ("MD") glass?
Y'know, that's a Very Good Question. (Which means that I just searched eBay and can't find any.) Since no digital M-mount cameras exist yet AFAIK, and there ain't much demand for adapting other glass to M-mount film RF's, I'll guess that nobody makes any. Yet. When the GXR M-mount module hits the streets, I'll guess that LOTS of M adapters will materialize. Stay tuned.
07-06-2011, 04:11 PM   #18
Forum Member

I have never seen that Minolta model. What is it?
07-06-2011, 06:35 PM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ziggy7 Quote
I have never seen that Minolta model. What is it?
It looks like a Leitz Minolta CLE.