Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
1200? The 150mm filter cost me $450 shipped I think and it was by far the most expensive. Check with Tom before you give up.

10-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks Clinton , At the moment iam looking for a 145mm for my A 400 /2.8 so i will check with Tom ? there is a few Toms , Just a side note I have not seen any post from your A 1200 or have i just missed them . Just curious to see what you think of yours ,if i had one i be out there as much as possible with it .
10-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dragon132312 Quote
there is a few Toms
As far as I know he is not active here on PF anymore, or maybe he just posts in places that I don't read. He has an ebay store and I contacted him through that site to ask about an item I was after but just my luck He stopped being able to get them about 2 years ago so I am out of luck.
10-06-2012, 08:01 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by littledrawe Quote
As far as I know he is not active here on PF anymore, or maybe he just posts in places that I don't read. He has an ebay store and I contacted him through that site to ask about an item I was after but just my luck He stopped being able to get them about 2 years ago so I am out of luck.

Thanks , My son has a girl friend in Japan but she is always so busy , I may email her the link and she what she can find out if you can buy these large filters from some one there.

10-07-2012, 04:49 AM   #20
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dragon132312 Quote
Thanks Clinton , At the moment iam looking for a 145mm for my A 400 /2.8 so i will check with Tom ? there is a few Toms , Just a side note I have not seen any post from your A 1200 or have i just missed them . Just curious to see what you think of yours ,if i had one i be out there as much as possible with it .
Tom's profile is @Tom1803. If you can't get a hold of him, send me a PM and I'll get you his email addy.

Looks like the currency conversion isn't in your favor right now: https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS497US497&oq=42%2C521+yen+in+us...521+yen+in+usd

In addition to that you're going to have a small handling fee for Tom, paypal fees, and shipping.

When I was looking for this particular filter, what it really boiled down to was that there are no other 145mm filters. If you're worried about your glass, this is really the only option sadly. Amazon does say they are in stock, which is good, because it means you could get one; however I wonder if they are still being made or if this is new old stock, and once gone...
10-08-2012, 08:49 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
When I was looking for this particular filter, what it really boiled down to was that there are no other 145mm filters. If you're worried about your glass, this is really the only option sadly. Amazon does say they are in stock, which is good, because it means you could get one; however I wonder if they are still being made or if this is new old stock, and once gone...
Looking at the manuals inside the boxes, I am convinced that my filters were old stock. If the mentioned filter thread is 145mm x 1mm, then there is an alternative by Fotodiox for about $80 (!): 145mm MC Pro1 UV filter. If the quality is not good enough, one could ask Heliopan. Even if they could not produce a 145mm filter on special order, they probably would replace the glass with a better version.
10-08-2012, 02:27 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by froeschle Quote
Looking at the manuals inside the boxes, I am convinced that my filters were old stock. If the mentioned filter thread is 145mm x 1mm, then there is an alternative by Fotodiox for about $80 (!): 145mm MC Pro1 UV filter. If the quality is not good enough, one could ask Heliopan. Even if they could not produce a 145mm filter on special order, they probably would replace the glass with a better version.
Thanks i have seen the Fotodiox filter for the nikon and wondered if it would fit the pentax may be worth a look .
10-08-2012, 08:35 PM   #23
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I can say the 145mm SMC filter has the SMC coating and is a robust piece of glass. Fotodiox? Are they at least multicoated?

10-20-2012, 09:22 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Thanks Clinton .
I talked to my sons friend in japan last night she said there was only one 145mm left in stock so she brought it even before i gave her the final go ahead as she was heading over to Vietnam for a few weeks work so she would not have time before she went if she waited for me to give her the go ahead ,It was around $500 Au mark considering the size of the filter i suppose its ok