Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2007, 07:37 AM   #16
roy
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pentkon52 Quote
I have been told this, but have yet to find them.

Dave
dave,
are you sure it's a A70-210/4 pentax lens?? mine was in need of tightening again and i just did it. roll back the rubber grip nearest the aperture ring and there is a silver collar. tighten the four,4, tiny philips head screws and the wooble will be gone.just a tad of black paint to the edge and it should hold longer. just keep the paint out of the slots for the screwdriver.

11-22-2007, 09:38 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ddhytz Quote
Have I got a Pentax 'L' lens by doing that?

Seriously, I need a WIDER rubber band and place it on the other end of the focus/zoom ring.
You need a gold colour one band or stay true with the times and etch a "*" on top of the "A" in the "SMC Pentax-A" label and outline the "*" in green.
11-25-2007, 04:22 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pentkon52 Quote
I have had the A70-210 F4 for several years now, maybe six or seven. Its a great lens and does 1:4 macro to.
I've had this lens for about 2 weeks. I tried macro mode this morning, and got this, my first macro photo.

Last edited by ddhytz; 06-30-2008 at 03:40 PM.
11-27-2007, 03:11 PM   #19

Original Poster
I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to get me a UV filter or something like that to protect the lens.

from what I've read this lens had a "build-in" suncap but it slides back so I don't think it protects as much protection as the cap of the 18-55mm kitlens ??

I've got a 52mm filter but from what I've read on this lens it's a 58mm one so I'll need a new filter for this lens.

I'll probably also get somekind of case for it since I understand the seller is only selling the lens without anything around it.

I was thinking about getting a Lowepro Lenscase 1N or Lowepro Lenscase 1 depending on the size of the 70-210 lens.

so anyone with advise (a UV or other filter YES/NO and why/what and would such a lenscase be a good idea ? I already have a lowpro Rezo Topload Zoom 20 case to cary my camera with the kitlens.

Oh, and once the lens arrives and I have some time to play with it I'll post some photos made with it.

11-28-2007, 03:40 AM   #20

Original Poster
I got my lens this morning so I went out and took some shots with it.

Pentax K100D Super with Pentax SMC A 70-210mm

I came outside and I saw this bird in a treetop at a pretty high distance from me so I decided to see how good the zoom is :

this is a 100% crop of the original full size photo

I see many people posting brick walls to give an impression of the quality of the lens/camera ? so here are 2 shots of a brick wall :

Photo 1 and Photo 2 I don't post them inside this thread since they are full-size (3008x2008)

This is a macro shot (made with the camera at 70mm which should be it's Macro setting).
again a full size picture.

Finally I saw this little bird land in a tree nearby and I tried to make some photo's (but those guys are so quick in jumping from here to there and I'm so sloooow at focusing that I'm not all that happy with the results, but I guess practice makes perfect).

This one is the sharpest one I could get before it flew away.

and here is the original (full size) non-croped/edited version (I played a bit with the exposure and stuff in Lightroom but I'm not sure if that makes the picture better or not).

any C&C is welcome (I guess the unsharpness of most images is more the problem of a bad photographer then a bad lens, and you guys were right when you said that it's a HEAVY lens. It doesn't feel that heavy when you just hold it but when it's fixed on the camera and you want to take a picture it really feels heavy).