Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2011, 02:19 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
DA 70 replacement hood+cap

Hi all, I've just received this nice little limited. Straight after taking few photos i have a feeling it is great lens. But I dislike the original hood, so I replaced it with old Takumar metal hood for 100/4 and 105/2.8 Takumars. It looks great with the lens, really classy, however I need to fing slip on cap for the hood now. Its diameter is approx. 61mm...
Anybody knows if there were some Takumar slip on caps for hoods, or maybe another options?

07-20-2011, 03:06 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
For a deep hood like this, you may not need a cap at all. Most of my lenses have metal hoods on them and I just put them in bag w/o cap. Much more convenience.
07-20-2011, 10:19 PM   #3

You might be able to use a LensCoat hoodie or perhaps with some metal hoods (Kalt) you can use a clip-on lens cap at the end of the hood.