Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-21-2011, 04:12 AM   #1
Forum Member

do zuiko adapters exist?

Hi all,
I want to ask something about zuiko lenses…Can we mount zuiko lenses on our pentaxs?
I am thinking about the 12-60

07-21-2011, 04:23 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Olympus Digital lenses aren't going to much of anything worthwhile on a Pentax body. They are designed for a 2x crop sensor and a shorter flange-focal distance.
07-21-2011, 02:23 PM   #3
Veteran Member

The cheapest m4/3-PK adapter only costs one buck or so. It is a plastic PK body cap. Cut a hole in the cap and slide the Oly lens in, no problem. Well, slight problem. You now have a costly extreme-closeup-only zoom that probably vignettes like crazy. I'm not even sure it could project a sharp image onto a Pentax frame at all. It *might* -- m4/3 register is 20mm, C-mount CCTV register is about 17.5mm, and I can use a 50mm CCTV lens on my Pentax (register is 45.46mm), but only with subjects about one inch away. So if you want to shoot an ant's ass or an orchid's ovary, you'll have the tool for that!

Of course, not all Zuikos are m4/3. Some are old 4/3 (register is ~37mm), some are older OM (register is 46mm), some are even older Pen-F (register is ~29mm). OM Zuikos are easy to adapt to Pentax PK mounts, just a couple swipes with a Dremel cutting disc. I've modded a few and they work fine, with infinity focus. But all the others are only good for closeups on Pentax.

Last edited by RioRico; 07-21-2011 at 02:28 PM.