Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2007, 05:10 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Siga EX 20mm 1.8 - uv filter options?

So I picked up a Sigma EX 20mm with the new Pentax K10D purchase. Wife is the primary user, but I'm the 'figure out what we need' guy.

I was about to order an 82mm Hoya Super Multicoat UV filter for it... but have read a bit on getting vignetting with thick filters. It's 5mm. I can get a Hoya Pro 1 Digital filter for a bit less and its 3mm. Has less coating on it though. However, I'm more interesting in the vignetting. Will the 5mm increase this at all? The lens hood attaches outside the filter so no worries on having exterior threading.

As a side question, how about a circular polarizer... or is that going to cause imaging issues for sure?

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
20mm, bit, filter, hoya, k-mount, pentax lens, slr lens, uv, uv filter