Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-25-2011, 05:59 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Please help - Hanimex 28mm F2.8 MC

Hi All,

Please help.

I purchased yesterday at my local carboot sale, this Hanimex 28mm 1:2.8 MC lens for a couple of UK pounds. I am unsure of the fitting, but it appears to fit my Pentax K-x, ableit not properly as it has 2 ridges on the outer rim that petrude by a 2mm.

If anybody knows the attachement and if anyone is able to offer assistance it would be very much appreciated, I have attached 2 photos (these were taken on a phone, not my K-x).

Would it be alright to file these ridges down or would I need an adaptor.

Thank you in advance.

Attached Images

07-25-2011, 06:24 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome to the wonderful world of Nikon!! Yes, that lens has a N/AI mount. If can be converted to Pentax by using a Dremel metal-cutting blade to chop off what I call the "nub and arc" protrusions on the aperture ring. I do it all the time. Then it will force-fit nicely onta a Pentax mount. But if you're uncomfortable doing metalwork...

Last edited by RioRico; 07-25-2011 at 08:00 AM.
07-25-2011, 07:15 AM   #3

Original Poster
@ RioRico, thank you so much for your response.

I trawled the web, trying to discover the fitment, so this is a nikon f I take it.

I did attach it to my Pentax K-x dslr, and it took some really nice photos, but I didn't want to force it on, just incase I couldn't remove it.

As it was cheap, then a chopping we will go, well very slowly anyway.
07-25-2011, 07:59 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Oh, it will force-fit as it is, and it will be removable with no problem, but the fit will be insecure. Even with the "nub and arc" carefully trimmed from the aperture ring, and their places sanded a bit to smoothness, it's still not a secure fit. So I also tend to cut a slot (about 1mm wide and deep and 6mm long) for the Pentax lens-lock pin to engage. THEN it is secure. Just be sure to blow away all the metal dust from the chopping. Good luck!

NOTE: My first mod was an expensive Nikkor 85/2 that I got cheap. I took two days to v-e-r-y carefully look at it and trim it. Now I do the mod in about 5 minutes total on a board over the bathroom sink. Ho-hum...

07-25-2011, 08:25 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for the info RioRico, made me laugh.

We have a metal department at work, with the air blowers, cutters etc. I well may ask one of the steel fabricators to remove the 'nub and arc' for me. But I may attempt it during lunch break tomorrow, under their eagle eye of course.

When done I will post a new pic of it. It was cheap albeit not a particulary expensive brand, but it seems to give good images when I tested it yesterday late afternoon.

Thanks again!!
07-25-2011, 11:53 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zelda_n64 Quote
Thanks again!!
U-betcha. One thing to watch for is that you don't cut into the aperture ring, and you probably don't want to sand off the f-stop numbers which are immediately adjacent. On my first mod, I carefully removed the lens base, then the aperture ring, then did the trimming, then rebuilt it. Now I just slash away. Also my first Nikkor had a protruding aperture flag, which yours doesn't. I just trimmed off the excess with wire-cutters. You don't need to with your Hanny, but that's something to watch for on any future Nikkor chop-jobs. Have fun!
07-26-2011, 12:26 AM   #7

Original Poster
Now I just slash away - LMAO

I will take it slowly & steady, not sure I want to take it apart, because knowing my luck, I will have a screw left. That always seem to happen for some reason.

Role on lunch time.

Many thanks RioRico.

07-26-2011, 07:23 AM   #8

Original Poster
Update:

I spent my lunch time with a file and slowly removed the 'nub and arc'. Took a while but so far seems worth the effort.

All I need to do now, is add the notch for the Pentax lens lock.
Attached Images