Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2011, 08:06 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Voigtlander Color Skopar 50mm f/2.8 and 35mm f/3,4

Hi!

I get this two lenses on a Voigtlander Bessamatic-m, and now I am waiting the arrival of the DKL to M42 adapter to test them on my K-x.

Somebody have or have experience with this lenses on a Pentax ? What's your opinion about them?

Both lenses are in perfect conditions and both says "Made in West Germany", seems that they are great, but I don't know too much about them.

Thanks in advance!
Andres

07-26-2011, 05:28 PM   #2

Original Poster
Here I've found some pictures, and the adaptor + the camera but on a Canon EOS Voigtländer Color-Skopar X 1:2.8/50mm lens.
The pictures aren't of great quality, I think are the uploaded file. Also I couldn't get some feedback from Flickr Search.

If any here has these lenses, I will post my results when I get the adaptor!
07-27-2011, 01:25 AM   #3

Hi Andrix,

the Bessamatic CS was my first SLR and since a few weeks I use the lenses with the DKL adapter on my Pentaxes (both film and digital) with beautiful results.

The lenses are small in size and quite slow, but beautifully made, a joy to focus and excellent in sharpness, colour rendering and bokeh (my personal view). They need precise focus control, because the AF indicator does not work, at least with my adapter, but they will allow to achieve this. Work is anyway slower, because you should focus wide open and close the diaphragm ring manually before metering and shooting.

The lenses are uncoated, but I did not have problems with contrast or flare (I do use the original rubber hood most of the time).

The most important part for me is that these 40 year old optics deliver not only sharp and distortion-free pictures, but they have an attitude of adding a certain "character" to the pictures taken, quite differently from todays APS-C AF zooms. I am not one of those telling constantly that everything was better in earlier days (even the future), but Voigtländer lenses had and still have excellent reputation. Their advertisements stressed "...because the lens is so good". They knew what they were doing!

And they are good! Screwmount Takumars have similar qualities.

ENJOY!!!!

Vranx
07-28-2011, 12:16 PM   #4

Original Poster
Hi Vranx!

Thanks for your explanation and words! I am very anxious waiting for the DKL adaptor to test it, and leave my opinion here. I've been watching some picutres in this forum I found on flickr Flickr: Voigtlander. The bokeh is beautiful , and they seems very sharp in the most of the shots, so now, it's time to wait

Thanks again!

Andres

07-29-2011, 01:58 AM   #5

Hi Andres,

be careful, the Flickr line shows only pictures taken with "moden" Voigtländer lenses (Cosina made, also excellent in quality).

But you will not be disappointed by the performance of your 40 or 50 year old lenses!

Have fun,

Vranx
07-29-2011, 06:34 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There is at lens-clubs section voigtländer LBA thread, You might want to post there too