Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-28-2011, 01:08 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
the Sigma 70 is highly capable
I'm sure it is, but it would not cover the focal lengths that interest me.

if you are worried about losing such legacy lens for collector's purpose
I'm not a collector. I force myself to never buy a lens that does not serve a specific purpose in my kit, and never have duplicate lenses for a purpose.

I'd LOVE to be famously rich and be able to collect Pentax lenses, but so far the lottery has not favoured me

07-28-2011, 05:25 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
I'm sure it is, but it would not cover the focal lengths that interest me.

I'm not a collector. I force myself to never buy a lens that does not serve a specific purpose in my kit, and never have duplicate lenses for a purpose.

I'd LOVE to be famously rich and be able to collect Pentax lenses, but so far the lottery has not favoured me
I see. what specific focal length that might serve your purpose? the 100mm is great if you are going to ask me when it comes to focal length usage is concerned. if I were given the choice for macro, I would love something longer. it's too bad we don't have the 150mm, and that is one lens I would really love to have.

like you, I'm not a collector, but would love to keep such lenses. but since we ain't millionaires, something has got to give. for me, it could be all of my macros and the FA135. but that is still an uncertainty.
07-28-2011, 05:34 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I see. what specific focal length that might serve your purpose?
As I wrote above, I currently have the 50 macro (could be any focal length) and the K135 f2,5. If I change, I want a lens around that range, so the 100mm macro is a good choice.

If the mew WR macro had a focus limiter, it would actually be more tempting That's one good side of the FA100.