Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-29-2011, 01:52 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Yes, a better picture, and I agree with you, it could be a mod. I've seen numerous PK lenses but none with a round pin. I *have" seen M/MD lenses with a flat flag, from 3rd-party makers, not from Minolta.

So for instance my Kiron-made 85-210/4.5 has a flat flag -- Kiron likely didn't rebuild the entire assembly for similar mounts (where the aperture-link flags move in the same direction), but just changed the bayonet piece and called it good. (Nikon flags move in the opposite direction.)

Did you mean to insert a photo here?

Darn, now I'll have to gargle for UNDERGROUND PENTAX and look for pictures of lens butts. Grumble...

Sorry, think link didn't paste. Its an ebay auction.

Pentax fit Underground 28mm f2.8 lens PK mint | eBay

07-29-2011, 02:05 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Sorry, think link didn't paste. Its an ebay auction.

Pentax fit Underground 28mm f2.8 lens PK mint | eBay
Yup, I just found that same one and was about to paste it. Definitely a flat flag. I searched for MINOLTA UNDERGROUND LENS also and those showing bases also have flat flags, sometimes thin and almost pin-like. So... ?quien sabe?, who knows?

My guess: Whomever marketed UNDERGROUND lenses bought from various lensmakers. Some of those lenses with M/MD mount had the round pin, some didn't. Somebody modded this lens to fit PK. From lenses and pictures I've seen, that's my best guess.

All can peruse SLR Lens Mount Identification Guide and take their own guess.

Last edited by RioRico; 07-29-2011 at 02:16 PM.
07-29-2011, 02:23 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I went in and took the lens apart... someone definitely had it apart in the past, you could see the scuffs and such.

Ah, well... the A3000 actually seems to work and looks to be in decent shape, so I can maybe play around with film for a bit. (and I juuust noticed it has an Olympus strap on it. Hrm.)

EDIT: As an aside, the Underground I have takes 49mm filters, so maybe its an earlier generation?
07-29-2011, 03:18 PM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
I went in and took the lens apart... someone definitely had it apart in the past, you could see the scuffs and such.

Ah, well... the A3000 actually seems to work and looks to be in decent shape, so I can maybe play around with film for a bit. (and I juuust noticed it has an Olympus strap on it. Hrm.)

EDIT: As an aside, the Underground I have takes 49mm filters, so maybe its an earlier generation?
It probably is an earlier generation. Like RR said, there is no telling how many makers produced lenses for Underground.