Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-02-2011, 02:35 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
damn, I wish I was a bit more decisive ;-)

08-02-2011, 07:17 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I put together a 'sports package' for my daughter to do sports photography for the school yearbook where a fair amount of it is done indoors or during twilight and darkness because they are after school/evening events.

Budget was an issue since the 'job' is unpaid and 'bring your own camera'. Based on her experience with trying to do it, I put the money on fast lenses. I chose the DA* 50-135 f/2.8
and the DA* 200 F/2.8 and matched them with a second hand K-7.

I passed over the 60-250 for the F/4 reason.

The K-5 would obviously be a better choice than the K-7 but that was a budget decision, but it
is a much better low light performer than what she has now--- my old *istD.

What I hope I did was to get the focal lengths right. Since she will be an 'official' photographer
I figured that she would be able to get fairly close to the action and thus a little weaker telephoto than others might use....

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-mount, lens, lens suggestions, pentax lens, photography, slr lens, sports, sports photography, suggestions