QuoteOriginally posted by TKH Quote
Thats a nice choice.
But.
My choice in your shoes would be:

Sigma 17-70 as the fun-zoom.

Da21, FA35 and DA70 for the best pics.

Best,
Rainer
That is even simpler solution for me since I just need to add a DA21 to my lenses.
However, at the wide end 16-45 seems to perform better. Plus, 1mm shorter.
Plus Plus all of them will be pentax

Last edited by alib99; 11-26-2007 at 12:52 PM. Reason: typo
11-26-2007, 10:16 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by alib99 Quote
Thank you for all the responses. The latest ones are mostly in favor of limited set
But nobody commented on my third option I guess it is not favored by anyone.

Thanks.
The only obvious solution is to have BOTH. A material downside to the DA*16-50 which I own
is it's inability to work with the built in flash. Now I know that real photographers avoid using flash in general, and built in flashes in particular, however, there always comes a day and I find one now and then in which it's built in flash or don't take a picture and on those days you
want a prime handy, as they are all small enough that your photo doesn't come out looking like half a donut. I"ve never been able to agree with my self over which 5 lenses I couldn't live without which is why I have 20 or more as noted in my sig line.

I've been buying pentax lenses for 40 years (and selling a few) which is why I don't have any screw mounts or M's but there is no 'perfect' combination.

Monster lenses have there place, but there are also occasions when physically large lenses can destroy the photo op. -- i.e. some people see a big lens pointed their way and throw something at you when they would have ignored a physically small lens.

Sometimes you want to travel light, and you know ahead of time which prime would be suitable for what you have in mind. Other times you feel compelled to be 'ready for anything'

I"ve clearly over achieved in getting lenses but when I pack a bag go go take some photos, the bag is never packed the same, although medium primes rarely go.