Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2011, 02:03 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wormtographer Quote
This may be a little cruel--and I promise that I thought long before uploading this picture for you. Yes, the FA31 Silver is metal--but probably the same metal as the black version.

I hope no Angels are harmed--and I hope you find other things in your possession to sell besides your Taks. Here is what mine looks like on a silver K5.

I suffer the dreaded and as mentioned by subidoc--quite insignificant mutation type that ends in ---SA.

Now I say no Angel could ever be harmed for acquiring (or wanting) something like the above. Cheers,

-W
You must be the one who is really really right. And yes, I can sell other things. I have a da 300 mm which I never use, but which was given to me by my husband who thought it a wonderful idea if I could start chasing birds with it. But the damn thing is to heavy and unwieldy and the birds are to fast to run after them with the k5 pressed to my eye. And tripods kill my shoulders and I am not going to hide in camouflaged shelters, I WANT MY SHINY 31 AND NO BIRD HUNTING. I also have a 60-250 which my husband wanted me to buy probably because now it is in his camerabag for ever and I cann't seem to get my hands on it. But really, that one is too heavy aswell. No, I WANT MY SHINY 31. He gave me the 300, so that I would not sell the 60-250 but the 300? No, that is insane. Why did he not just buy me that SHINY 31. No I have to go through the hassle of selling the 300. And I cann't even tell, he'll be mad.

08-03-2011, 02:14 PM   #32
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxMom Felua Quote
Yes, I estimated about 30 of them, doable, but sickening.

I know there is LBA. Are there variants of that disease? If so, is there LB31A?
Would be good to know. To know is half the cure.

The other half would be selling of another 29 takumars. And then hate myself.

Still, would 31 be the one to make me happy.
Now that it's on your radar, you won't be happy until you have an FA31... Just sell what you need to to pay for it and then enjoy the lens. I of course do it the opposite way. Buy the lens and then sell stuff to recover the cost

08-03-2011, 02:24 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
AND

Sell Takumar = Kill Angels

THUS

Kill Angels = Money

QED

[religious-economic-political implications deleted]

But I digress. We do what we gotta do. If nobody killed angels, er I mean sold Taks, there would be none for us to buy. Of course, I haven't been able to afford any more for quite a while. Does NOT engaging in the Takumar trade just waste angels?
It is not us mere mortals wasting angels, but it is the baddest angel of all wasting us, Lucifer luring us into eternal darkness whispering into our souls the seed of damnation ..... silvery greed and lust for glass.
08-03-2011, 02:31 PM   #34
Pentaxian

It is not us mere mortals wasting angels, but it is the baddest angel of all wasting us, Lucifer luring us into eternal darkness whispering into our souls the seed of damnation ..... silvery greed and lust for glass.
You may get special dispensation for running a Takumar orphanage though. Let me make some calls...

08-03-2011, 02:35 PM   #35

You must be the one who is really really right. And yes, I can sell other things. I have a da 300 mm which I never use, but which was given to me by my husband who thought it a wonderful idea if I could start chasing birds with it. But the damn thing is to heavy and unwieldy and the birds are to fast to run after them with the k5 pressed to my eye. And tripods kill my shoulders and I am not going to hide in camouflaged shelters, I WANT MY SHINY 31 AND NO BIRD HUNTING. I also have a 60-250 which my husband wanted me to buy probably because now it is in his camerabag for ever and I cann't seem to get my hands on it. But really, that one is too heavy aswell. No, I WANT MY SHINY 31. He gave me the 300, so that I would not sell the 60-250 but the 300? No, that is insane. Why did he not just buy me that SHINY 31. No I have to go through the hassle of selling the 300. And I cann't even tell, he'll be mad.
I can tell your husband is a very lovely, but rather silly person. Doesn't he know the best bird lenses are Macros? That's what I use to shoot birds when I'm looking for worms... + an -F 1.7X AFA.

It would be a sad story, yours--if not for the DA 60-250. I would sell some of my FAs to get one of those. But not my Silver 31. I wonder if they make the 60-250 in silver?

Cheers, W.
08-03-2011, 02:46 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wormtographer Quote
I can tell your husband is a very lovely, but rather silly person. Doesn't he know the best bird lenses are Macros? That's what I use to shoot birds when I'm looking for worms... + an -F 1.7X AFA.

It would be a sad story, yours--if not for the DA 60-250. I would sell some of my FAs to get one of those. But not my Silver 31. I wonder if they make the 60-250 in silver?

Cheers, W.
We met when we were only 15 years old. That was over 40 years ago. And yes, he is silly. Adorably silly. I shall tell him he is all wrong, and that I need a 100 mm da WR Macro. I have the none WR one though, which I actually really love, paints treeleaves like Jacob Ruysdael did.

Are the worms cooked or savoured raw.
08-03-2011, 03:31 PM - 1 Like   #37
Veteran Member

GET THEE BEHIND ME, CANON!

Hay, that's a temptation that's easy to resist.
08-03-2011, 03:37 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
GET THEE BEHIND ME, CANON! Hey, that's a temptation that's easy to resist.
Not even on the radar in so far as temptation goes here. I can be tempted by a lot of things, but anything with a Canon logo on it? Not really. I'm just not a Canon fan. Nikon is okay, but I still prefer Pentax. But Canon, nah. I could win me a Canon in a sweepstakes and I'd only sell it to go buy more Pentax gear...

08-03-2011, 04:49 PM   #39

We met when we were only 15 years old. That was over 40 years ago. And yes, he is silly. Adorably silly. I shall tell him he is all wrong, and that I need a 100 mm da WR Macro. I have the none WR one though, which I actually really love, paints treeleaves like Jacob Ruysdael did.

Are the worms cooked or savoured raw.
The worms--like the birds are unharmed.

I love shallow DOF, painted treeleves are delicious. Funny you mention the DFA 100mm Macro WR--that lens is as close to a modern-day Takumar as you will ever see. Not even the 31 or any of the other limiteds has that beautiful long focus throw that is just so gracefully dampened...2 pieces of curved metal skating in opposite directions effortlessly, like gold medal olympians.

Maybe Pentax should make the 100 WR in silver and gold.

Cheers, W
08-03-2011, 05:09 PM   #40
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
But everytime someone buy's a Tak, an angel is born..... the circle of life goes round and round
Provided they are not Canikon shooters, of course.
08-03-2011, 11:45 PM   #41
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
You may get special dispensation for running a Takumar orphanage though. Let me make some calls...
This puzzles me, whom is it you will call?

The idea is very good. It could be called "THE GLASSLUST" , maybe it could have a special wing for the more geriatric takumars to save them from dustbins, you know, with special doctors for the geriatric diseases like malfunctioning aperture blades, funghi, infinity loss, and so on.

We could start an adoption bureau for the orphans and applying new owners would have to fill out multiple forms and pass special boards to check wether they are fit enough to own them.

And once a year an open day. With treats. Then all will come with the original camera's and the orphans could be reunited for a little while with their original base.
08-04-2011, 12:02 AM   #42
Veteran Member

Original Poster
GET THEE BEHIND ME, CANON!

Hay, that's a temptation that's easy to resist.

There is no entry in the dictionary that says Lucifer = (syn) Canon.

Which is truly good. Because it is absolutely too much honor for Canon to be put on an equal level with the universes strongest adversary.

However, you doing so makes me wonder about the appeal Canon must have for anyone to make such a statement.
The devil is best silenced by not even uttering its name.
08-12-2011, 08:05 AM   #43
Veteran Member

Q: What happens if you sell a takumar ...

A: Without you knowing ...
... your heart starts bleeding a little ...
... then a little more every day ...
... until one day ...
... you have to buy it back ...
... and then the rest of the series
... to make up for your mortal sin and to close the wound.

(or, at least that's how I see it )

Last edited by photocanadian; 08-12-2011 at 10:17 AM.
08-12-2011, 10:35 AM   #44
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
What happens if you sell a takumar
I've heard you go straight to hell.
08-12-2011, 03:23 PM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
I've heard you go straight to hell.
Only if you sold it to a Canoneer.