Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
08-02-2011, 11:51 AM   #1
Veteran Member

What happens if you sell a takumar ...

... it is being collected by a really nice person who put it on his Canon whatever.

Oh my. Now it is gone, the s-m-c tak. 55mm 1.8 gone to a Canon.

I said goodbye to a fabulous lens and now feel miserable. Why do I want to do this. What foolishness is it to think that little old takumars are fine to help finance a mere fa 31 mm ltd. It is ridiculous. How many of the poor things do I need to sell to reach that aim. It is a sick thought. I should stop, shouldn't I?

08-02-2011, 11:59 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxMom Felua Quote
I said goodbye to a fabulous lens and now feel miserable. Why do I want to do this. What foolishness is it to think that little old takumars are fine to help finance a mere fa 31 mm ltd. It is ridiculous. How many of the poor things do I need to sell to reach that aim. It is a sick thought. I should stop, shouldn't I?
We can always buy it back from the canon user, don't feel too bad.
Its more of a problem when people modify the k-mount lenses, never to be mounted on a Pentax again.

I must say, though, you will have to sell a lot of 55 1.8s to buy a 31!! .
08-02-2011, 12:19 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paperbag846 Quote
I must say, though, you will have to sell a lot of 55 1.8s to buy a 31!! .
Yes, I estimated about 30 of them, doable, but sickening.

I know there is LBA. Are there variants of that disease? If so, is there LB31A?
Would be good to know. To know is half the cure.

The other half would be selling of another 29 takumars. And then hate myself.

Still, would 31 be the one to make me happy.
08-02-2011, 12:27 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, I estimated about 30 of them, doable, but sickening.

I know there is LBA. Are there variants of that disease? If so, is there LB31A?
Would be good to know. To know is half the cure.

The other half would be selling of another 29 takumars. And then hate myself.

Still, would 31 be the one to make me happy.
Maybe half the cure is a DA 15mm

I used to have a 31mm, sold it--and have now bought it again in silver. It must have been LB31SA

-W

08-02-2011, 12:33 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
That's probably why I haven't sold any yet. I think I should sell my 28 and my 35 taks, but something is holding me back.
08-02-2011, 12:54 PM - 2 Likes   #6
Veteran Member

.... and now feel miserable........ Why do I want to do this....... It is a sick thought. I should stop, shouldn't I?
There are various forms of this disease called LBA. Most are denovo mutations – they occur in an individual, and are not passed down the genes. Regardless, mutations occur in the long arm of the X and Y genes. The ones that are genetically transferred tend to be the LBA-tak, LBA-smc, LBA-gc (german glass) mutations. The more recent mutations are denovo, and tend to be the LBA-da and LBA-lim. There are a smattering of others, but not too significant.

Now, while these can occur in isolation, the combination of more than 1 mutation in the same person is associated with more devastating effects. Combined mutations could be of different permutations/combinations, eg LBA-takda, LBA-dalim, etc. (You get the idea). The denovo LBA-gc mutation can have a negative effect on financial stability.

Regardless, this disease is associated with the unrelenting need to sit on this forum, post repeatedly about the perceived need to change glasses due to self-perceived visual disturbances, excitement with old or new glasses, transient contentment with new possessions, and repeated discussions with the significant other on how life could be better perceived.

Drink & be merry. Cheers....
08-02-2011, 01:01 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by subidoc Quote
There are various forms of this disease called LBA. Most are denovo mutations – they occur in an individual, and are not passed down the genes. Regardless, mutations occur in the long arm of the X and Y genes. The ones that are genetically transferred tend to be the LBA-tak, LBA-smc, LBA-gc (german glass) mutations. The more recent mutations are denovo, and tend to be the LBA-da and LBA-lim. There are a smattering of others, but not too significant.

08-02-2011, 01:07 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I've inadvertently had camera body addiction creeping in on me. It began when I started buying bodies for the lenses attached, and then realizing I now own an A3000, an ME, and a K1000 without even intending to do so.

EDIT: This doesn't include the Minolta or the old 110's or whatever that were tossed in in lot sales that I don't really know what to do with yet don't want to get rid of either.
08-02-2011, 01:14 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wormtographer Quote
I used to have a 31mm, sold it--and have now bought it again in silver. It must have been LB31SA

-W
Is the silver the silver as in metal? It is not plastics, is it?!! Imagine, a plastic silver 31 dream. Black plastic is sort of ok. But if it is silver-metal, I don't want to know.
Yes I do. Tell me. Please. I think in that case you are right and LB31SA must be the more deadlier variant of LB31A. A shiny silver metal 31.

KENAFEIN: you are right. To be honest, it is why I started this thread. To absolve some of my guilt feelings. I know I am growing older and it gets harder to manually focus. I still can, but af is ever more tempting. Still, to loose the takumar feeling is bad. I already decided not to sell too many of them.

How to balance these feelings. How.
08-02-2011, 01:34 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by subidoc Quote

Now, while these can occur in isolation, the combination of more than 1 mutation in the same person is associated with more devastating effects. Combined mutations could be of different permutations/combinations, eg LBA-takda, LBA-dalim, etc. (You get the idea). The denovo LBA-gc mutation can have a negative effect on financial stability.

Regardless, this disease is associated with the unrelenting need to sit on this forum, post repeatedly about the perceived need to change glasses due to self-perceived visual disturbances, excitement with old or new glasses, transient contentment with new possessions, and repeated discussions with the significant other on how life could be better perceived.

Drink & be merry. Cheers....
That I do, with pleasure, cheers to you too

Mind you though, I do think it is an inheritable disease. I never asked for the tak symptoms, they decended upon me through family. It was my father who passed the first tak on to me. Then there were uncles with taks, but indeed also with gergl. Type Z and M and STM, unfortunately no L, all infecting me by merely dying and leaving their rubble for me to clean up. A true woman's task, performed by me with utter devotion. A closet full of shiny silver m's and z'sses resulted.
I must maintain them all. Sometimes it is suffocating. It is as if they say thou shall not acquire others to be placed alongside ourselves. Not on our shelves.
So I put them secretaly on other shelves. Theirs were too crowded anyway.

There is room of course, a place of honour. To be enjoyed, to drink upon, not 31 glasses, 1 will do.
08-02-2011, 01:48 PM   #11
Veteran Member

I hear you, Reina, I would feel really bad too were I to discover that I've just sold a Takumar to a Canonist. And think: K-mount is even worse!
Where I live, there's this huge snobbery of people buying expensive Canon bodies (think of 5D mk2, a real popular body over here), and pay humongous amounts of money for them, and then buy a cheap adapter and a cheap Takumar and make them pair. And on an occasion they stumble upon something like the 50mm/1,4, which you may know has the protruding lens element that hits the mirror at infinity. Now THEN there's magic happening: they SHAVE the mirror, like it has a beard or something. Yes, the $2,000 body, and sometimes they shave the poor old lens too. Why don't they understand that Pentax and Canon are NOT made for each other? I know they're free to do what they may with their money, and shaving a Canon is kind of ok, but leave that f*ing Takumar alone! I try to tell them "you know, Canon sells lenses too, not only camera bodies and printers!"
An even crazier person than a Canonist trying to adapt a screw mount lens is a Nikonist.

And wait, they are calling us cheapskates!
08-02-2011, 02:27 PM   #12
Veteran Member

I can help. I'll sell you my SuperTak 55/2, same optics as the 55/1.8, just a smidge slower. But you must promise never to part with it -- unless you get another 55/1.8.

IMHO Takumars should only be sold when they are 1) duplicates, or 2) trashed, or 3) you're deceased. YOU'LL HAVE TO DRAG MY TAKs FROM MY COLD DEAD FINGERS!! Except my Takumar Bayonet 28/2.8 -- that goes on the block next week. But it's not the same... (and I have an M28/2.8 too, so the Tak-B won't be missed).
08-02-2011, 03:00 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It is almost midnight overhere. I must go to sleep to be fit tomorrow to be out in the fields to walk and touch the water, the grass and the summer flowers with my camlenses. Tomorrow no husband at home trying to repair the roof of the glasshouse, no son busy repairing his car, no other son mailing from Italy he ran out of money and no other son needing special guidens and care in whatever other way. FREE.
Free to post you my tak 200mm Vladimir, sorry RioRico, I promised him to part with it for his benefit. And he also asked for pics. Horrendous. Confrontation. What is this with me. But well, I still have over 30 takumars left, I should be able to cope.

The 55 f2 indeed is the same optics. To sell it a bit chaeper something was put in it to prevent it from opening up to 1.8. But it would have, if that something had not happened to be put there. At least that is what I learned from The Ultimate Screwmount Guide. A very useful book. It is comforting to read. I know I really don't have all the different takumars. It could have been worse.
08-02-2011, 03:18 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
I can help. I'll sell you my SuperTak 55/2, same optics as the 55/1.8, just a smidge slower. But you must promise never to part with it -- unless you get another 55/1.8.

IMHO Takumars should only be sold when they are 1) duplicates, or 2) trashed, or 3) you're deceased. YOU'LL HAVE TO DRAG MY TAKs FROM MY COLD DEAD FINGERS!! Except my Takumar Bayonet 28/2.8 -- that goes on the block next week. But it's not the same... (and I have an M28/2.8 too, so the Tak-B won't be missed).
So, you do have 2 of these? You must, otherwise you are dead. And that is not so, I can see you posting. I am too tired, no, don't offer me yet another tak. I still have super tak 50 1.4 (yes, that one) SMC tak 50 1.4 and Auto tak 55 f2. It really is enough. Not considered the Zeiss, the Mey ... No. Stop.

Maybe I should sell all of them TO BE FREE OF THE PAST OF OTHERS.
It is as if others dedided my present.

Maybe that very thought is also the cure for LB31A. It is after all past induced desire. What if they had showered me with canons or nikkors. Waauuuwww. What a thought.

Maybe I should pick up drawing.
I promiss never to make you part of any of your taks, RioRico, therefore, help me not and sell me no. Lets so help eachother.

Goodnight ye'all.
08-02-2011, 03:35 PM   #15
Veteran Member

How could thou forsake me? :)