Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
08-02-2011, 03:38 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Every time someone sells a Takumar, an angel dies.... so sad...

08-02-2011, 03:43 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxMom Felua Quote
Yes, I estimated about 30 of them, doable, but sickening. I know there is LBA. Are there variants of that disease? If so, is there LB31A? Would be good to know. To know is half the cure. The other half would be selling of another 29 takumars. And then hate myself. Still, would 31 be the one to make me happy.
You have actually had your hands on 59 Takumars, sold 29? (Mag blinks and swallows really hard.) Excuse me while I go toss my cookies. I'm absolutely putrid green with envy....
08-02-2011, 04:04 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Hmm, perhaps one of these days I'll have to actually get my hands on one of these Takumars and try one for myself
08-02-2011, 04:16 PM   #19
Ira
Inactive Account

I paid 15 bucks back in the day (about 2 years ago) for my S-Tak 1.8--which many consider sharper than the 1.4.

I don't use it nearly enough, but how can you justify selling it for its going price?

08-02-2011, 04:17 PM   #20
Ira
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Beautifully said.
08-02-2011, 04:21 PM - 1 Like   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
But everytime someone buy's a Tak, an angel is born..... the circle of life goes round and round
08-02-2011, 06:04 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Yes, I estimated about 30 of them, doable, but sickening.

I know there is LBA. Are there variants of that disease? If so, is there LB31A?
Would be good to know. To know is half the cure.

The other half would be selling of another 29 takumars. And then hate myself.

Still, would 31 be the one to make me happy.
In lieu of the level of suffering associated with your LBA-tak mutation, I suggest you rid yourself of the pain-causing agents. The first step, is to fill a small, cute little glass with 2 fingers of your favorite clear or amber colored fire-water. Bottoms up. Repeat 2 more times, quickly in succession.

The next steps are really important adn crucual to success at pain relief: log in quickly into the Marketplace and list the lenses for sale. Log-in to log out should be done quickly before you shhtart getting liiiiight-headed.... The whole therapy sheshion should take jusht 15 minutesh....

Cheersh (hic)...

08-02-2011, 09:55 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have one - a SMC Super Tak 55 / f1.8 on my Spotmatic II that I acquired in '71 while I was in the Navy. Wonderful lens, but what is even better is the stunning split prism viewfinder of the Spotmatic... I wish that they would put them back on the digitals. [Yes, I know about the Katzeye]

08-03-2011, 12:07 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I woke up this morning feeling refreshed and happy. Till I read the answers to my thread. Someone, Johnmflores, accused me of killing an angel. Never realised it would cost me my eternity in heaven. And than anotherone said, Tougefc, that each time somebody bought one, an angel was born. Then I cann't balance out my crimes and I am doomed. Now, I must set out to buy takumars to get even. How am I supposed to even do that.

Is there a courthouse where sentence is given by lb wise judges with merciful harts, and if so, will they take into account that almost all of it was given to me and that maybe it was truly good of me to indeed sell some of them so that others might cradle them, but, alass, also be tempted to sell ones in their turn and then be equally doomed like I am now, so that, which is even more wicked, I created accomplices in the process, fellow offenders to stand by my side when facing the high judge of LBM (lens buying misusement). (I am currently reading a 17th century dutch book in which the author makes it an art to not use sentences shorter than one page).

My hart goes out to all of you who own takumars. You all have to stand firm. Stand by your takumars. It is good to buy takumars, I now know, and KILLING to sell some.

And as I already am doomed, I shall go out today with some mere zeisses. That is how I shall punish myself.

My hart goes especially out to Mackelly whom I turned green. I don't know if this is a colour which becomes you. My apologies.

Cheers in the morning, all is wonderful, it is great to play and laugh.
08-03-2011, 10:01 AM   #25
Veteran Member

sell Takumar = Money.
08-03-2011, 12:04 PM - 1 Like   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is the silver the silver as in metal? It is not plastics, is it?!! Imagine, a plastic silver 31 dream. Black plastic is sort of ok. But if it is silver-metal, I don't want to know.
Yes I do. Tell me. Please. I think in that case you are right and LB31SA must be the more deadlier variant of LB31A. A shiny silver metal 31.

KENAFEIN: you are right. To be honest, it is why I started this thread. To absolve some of my guilt feelings. I know I am growing older and it gets harder to manually focus. I still can, but af is ever more tempting. Still, to loose the takumar feeling is bad. I already decided not to sell too many of them.

How to balance these feelings. How.
This may be a little cruel--and I promise that I thought long before uploading this picture for you. Yes, the FA31 Silver is metal--but probably the same metal as the black version.

I hope no Angels are harmed--and I hope you find other things in your possession to sell besides your Taks. Here is what mine looks like on a silver K5.

I suffer the dreaded and as mentioned by subidoc--quite insignificant mutation type that ends in ---SA.

Now I say no Angel could ever be harmed for acquiring (or wanting) something like the above. Cheers,

-W
08-03-2011, 12:56 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Please don't tell anybody.

08-03-2011, 01:01 PM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
sell Takumar = Money.
AND

Sell Takumar = Kill Angels

THUS

Kill Angels = Money

QED

[religious-economic-political implications deleted]

But I digress. We do what we gotta do. If nobody killed angels, er I mean sold Taks, there would be none for us to buy. Of course, I haven't been able to afford any more for quite a while. Does NOT engaging in the Takumar trade just waste angels?
08-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by borno Quote
At first glance I thought that was a lens from an old Auto 110. And then I saw what camera it was...
08-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by borno Quote
WHAT?