Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2011, 03:16 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How my morning worked out today...

I went to the camera store closest to my house first thing, not expecting much because they don't have any pentax gear in the store.

I asked the sales person if they had any rear lens caps for an M42 screwmount lens. He said for what kind of camera? I said I use it on a pentax with an adapter but the lens is an M42 mount. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . the only thing I can think is that you could find one at BH.com? I was not totally surprised, I just thought there was a chance they might have one.

I drove 5 miles down the road to the other local store that carries 10X the amount of stuff as the first store and they had some generic K mount caps. I asked the salesperson if they had any rear lens caps for an M42 lens. "For what kind of camera?" Its just an M42 mount................"let me go ask my manager?"......................."we don't have any but we can get you one and it will be $10.00 - 12.00 and take about 2 weeks to get here."

unfortunately the pawn shop that has some excess camera stuff was closed but I didn't think something this simple would be so hard.

08-03-2011, 03:33 PM   #2
Inactive Account

I buy M42 caps (and K mount) on ebay 5 at a time for about $8 - $10 shipped. Where do you suppose that store is going to get the $12 one from?

08-03-2011, 05:46 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
Where do you suppose that store is going to get the $12 one from?
I was kind of hoping it would be gold or some other precious metal!
08-04-2011, 02:03 AM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Try looking for a Nikon rear cap in your local Nikon dealer. Seems like a simple request, but apparently not