Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-05-2011, 04:06 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Needing help to ID an old filter ...

Bonjour,

Could anyone help me identify an old filter that I have ... it was part of the old film equipment of my parents.

The filter reads on the side: " ELMO 55mm 1A JAPAN ".

Obviously, it's a 55mm thread, but after a quick search on the web, I really couldn't find specific info.

I think that its' a "skylight" and/or an ultra-violent type fllter. This filter must be at 30 to 35+ years old, and it has a kind of "rose" tint to it ...

Also, I took it to my local camera store here in France, and they were not to sure what this filter is exactly.

So, any help would be appreciated, and as the French say, "merci d'avance".

Salut, Jean le Frog

08-05-2011, 04:17 AM   #2

Location: Grahamstown in the Eastern Cape province of South Africa
Photos: Gallery
Elmo used to make cine cameras and other camera stuff way back. I think you are right it is a S1A being a UV type of filter but with a slightly warm effect adding some 'pink' colour to the image.