Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-25-2007, 12:14 PM   #1

Lens Database ?

I've found the Lens Review section here at the forums and the list of curent lenses at Pentax but I can't find a database like website that lists all (or almost all) old and new pentax lenses with their specifications.

I've been googeling on this but all I can find is a list of "historical" lenses on the pentax website but that only lists the lenses and not their specifications.

so I guess my question is pretty obvious : does anybody know where I can find this information on older pentax lenses ?

11-25-2007, 12:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Have you tried this?
Pentax K-Mount Lenses and Lens Accessories

Regards,
ken
11-25-2007, 01:04 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I found this one a while back..
Pentax Lens Gallery

The only real problem I have with these old lenses or rare lenses is that I have no idea where to buy them...i am not into buying from e-bay...It would be nice if there was a used lens super store someplace.
11-25-2007, 01:15 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thank you both for the links !

Both sites seem to be great in providing some information about the lenses.

11-25-2007, 01:35 PM   #5
Veteran Member

KEH is great

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
I found this one a while back..
Pentax Lens Gallery

The only real problem I have with these old lenses or rare lenses is that I have no idea where to buy them...i am not into buying from e-bay...It would be nice if there was a used lens super store someplace.
KEH Camera: Used Cameras, Digital Cameras, Film Cameras, Laptop Computers and More.
Prices are reasonable and their grading system is very conservative. I've bought lenses rated "BGN" and thought they were near mint.

Regards,
Ken
11-25-2007, 01:40 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
KEH Camera: Used Cameras, Digital Cameras, Film Cameras, Laptop Computers and More.
Prices are reasonable and their grading system is very conservative. I've bought lenses rated "BGN" and thought they were near mint.

Regards,
Ken
Hey Thank you, I will check it out
11-25-2007, 01:53 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Prime lenses

Hey Thank you, I will check it out
Javier,

Ignore this if I am wrong. It seems you have been concentrating on zoom lenses, Right? If that is what you have been doing it might be time for you to come over to the dark side and join us "Old prime freaks". May I suggest one of 3 to start out with? M28mm f3.5, M50mm f1.7, and a M135mm f3.5. They are all fairly inexpensive and a good place to get hooked on primes.

Ken

11-25-2007, 11:52 PM   #8
Veteran Member

jgredline the LA area has kevincameras.

Here is the list of Pentax K mount lenses they have in stock.

If you give it a visit it would be interesting to know how they are as a shop.
11-26-2007, 12:16 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Javier,

Ignore this if I am wrong. It seems you have been concentrating on zoom lenses, Right? If that is what you have been doing it might be time for you to come over to the dark side and join us "Old prime freaks". May I suggest one of 3 to start out with? M28mm f3.5, M50mm f1.7, and a M135mm f3.5. They are all fairly inexpensive and a good place to get hooked on primes.

Ken

Ken,
I just have to say this

Shhhhh,
You don't want to spoil our secret
11-26-2007, 03:38 AM   #10
Veteran Member

We have one in Tokyo; but I don't care to pay the inflated prices they ask. Here's a link to their used Pentax lenses.
11-26-2007, 04:04 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
Ken,
I just have to say this

Shhhhh,
You don't want to spoil our secret
Hi Stu,
Yes I do want to spoil our secret. The nice guy side of me wants other people to enjoy old lenses like we do. The selfish side of me wants a big percentage of the 300,000 to 500,000 new Pentax owners to gobble up all those lenses so my collection becomes more valuable. Adding that many new owners a year will certainly drive prices higher. If you don't have all the old glass you want by now you better hurry.

Regards,

Ken
11-26-2007, 04:30 AM   #12

Original Poster
Hi Stu,
Yes I do want to spoil our secret. The nice guy side of me wants other people to enjoy old lenses like we do. The selfish side of me wants a big percentage of the 300,000 to 500,000 new Pentax owners to gobble up all those lenses so my collection becomes more valuable. Adding that many new owners a year will certainly drive prices higher. If you don't have all the old glass you want by now you better hurry.

Regards,

Ken
The question here is offcourse "Will these new Pentax users WANT to buy/own those "old" lenses" ???

I mean, I guess some (probably most ?) people will think that the newer lenses (DA and DA*) are much better quality then the old ones like the A series (also the convenience of autofocus and stuff like that).
11-26-2007, 09:17 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
jgredline the LA area has kevincameras.

Here is the list of Pentax K mount lenses they have in stock.

If you give it a visit it would be interesting to know how they are as a shop.
Hey Thanks...I will have to make it out their today and check it out.
11-26-2007, 09:21 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Javier,

Ken
Ken
You are correct...I am also finding this out the hard way.(in the long run expensive way)
The long zooms are so much of a compromise in quality, that even with my novice eye I can notice the difference...The short zooms like the 28-70 F2/8 tamron or my 50-135 F2/8 are excellent...I can see why dedicated pros's get nothing but primes...
I will look into your suggestions.
Thanks, javier
03-02-2008, 12:02 PM   #15

Lens database??

I looked at this thread it reminded me of this site:
Pentax K-Mount Lenses and Lens Accessories

Ik think its pretty compleet.

Harrie