Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-08-2011, 10:08 AM   #1

Pentax Mount Lenses in Barcelona

Hi All,
I am from India and Pentax is non existent in India for now. My parents are attending a marriage in barcelona from 15th onwards, so I thought about acquiring some lenses from there. What specifically I am looking for Tamron 17-55 f2.8 non VC , and Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro lens.

I would like to know where it is available in Barcelona , and which shops retails them. Since ther visit will be max 10 days so they do have a time crunch, and at the same time I dont want to waste my chances of acquiring these lenses. Grey items are preferable since eitherway I wont have warranty overseas in India, but again if only billed lenses are available, I am good to go with them.

Kindly help me in this matter.

Regards,
Arindom

08-13-2011, 12:00 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
First, you do not tend to get grey market items in the EU -- only in the USA. Second, prices in European stores are likely to be near enough to list that deals are non-existent. Though maybe Barcelona is different.

I would have to imagine that buying off this forum through the mail is a much better option.
08-13-2011, 10:05 PM   #3

Original Poster
I absolutely get your point, but the catch in my case is that am residing in India, where pentax stuffs are non existent. So when I have opportunity to visit Barcelona perhaps I can fetch a lens or two from there
08-14-2011, 04:05 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Don't forget that you are living in european community now; you can buy lens everywhere in europe without customs charge and use same currency (euro); that helps to compare prices
I can recommand you this dealer in france :
Pentax NUMIPIXEL , vente de matériel photo

08-14-2011, 04:48 AM   #5
Banned

Photos: Gallery
There is some here: OBJETIVOS para PENTAX | Foto k, nº1 en foto digit@l

and look into: PENTAX ESPAA Establesimientos and then Barcelona. Some have, but not many. Don't know the market.
08-14-2011, 05:33 AM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You can try Casanova foto..they have a big store near Plaza Cataluña (that's where i got my Kx)...and they have a second hand section.
You may also find something in the Fnac...but probably not much.
Best option is Casanova foto but beware: prices will be high...and probably as rparmar said the forum store and mail price would be lower.

The two lenses you listed will probably cost around 400€ each...i got my tammy 28-75 f2.8 for 360€, i think the 17-50 will be roughly the same price.

Last edited by Coeurdechene; 08-14-2011 at 05:39 AM.
08-14-2011, 05:08 PM   #7

Original Poster

Thanks all, will definitely try to visit Casannova and all the related shops there... Big thanks to everyone