Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2007, 10:14 AM   #1

Kenko Uni-Tube ??

Anyone used one of these? I just ordered one to try out on my primes but wondered if others are using it as well:

UNI-TUBE25: Kenko Uniplus 25 - AF Uniplus Tube 25mm

Tubes for pentax that maintain exposure and autofocus seem to be hard to come by. This was the only one I could find anywhere.

Thanks for any comments

Greg

11-29-2007, 10:31 AM   #2

Original Poster
Nevermind - it's backordered......

Well, as luck would have it, Kenko's website was incorrect and they don't have it in stock. So, no unitube for me.
11-29-2007, 11:18 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I was just looking for the same extension tube online. I found it at sigma4less.com. It is listed as in stock
See>
Kenko 25mm Uniplus Tube DG Auto Extension Tube for Pentax Digital SLR (UNITUBE25DGP) -
11-29-2007, 11:36 AM   #4

Original Poster
Cool. Thanks.

Just placed an order for it with Sigma4Less. Fingers crossed that they actually have it in stock.

Having owned complete sets of the Kenko tubes in the past and used them on various nikkor lenses like the 50 f1.4, 85 f1.4, 135 f2 and 180 f2.8, I know they can be lots of fun. I took some fun pics with that 180 mounted on all 3 tubes.

Wish the full set of kenko DG tubes was available for pentax, but I'll have to make do for now with one of the 25 unitubes if they truly have stock on hand.

Some of the shots taken with those tubes and nikkor lenses here:
gparrish : photos : Macro- powered by SmugMug

Thanks again for the tip.

Greg

11-29-2007, 12:49 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
AFAIK they (the Pentax version) are out of stock since 2005.
With luck you may find one used.
11-29-2007, 01:07 PM   #6

Original Poster
Holding my fingers crossed.

I called sigma4less and had them pull up the order. Then asked if the item was actually in stock and the lady indicated her computer showed they had ONE in stock. I pressed a little, so she is going to have someone actually check and give me a call back.

My guess is it will turn out to be a computer error, but who knows......... maybe I'll get lucky and they actually have a new, old stock one sitting there. Thanks again to xs400 for the possible lead.
11-29-2007, 02:23 PM   #7
Not Registered

@TXBONDS

Be careful with the reading cos the name of the extension tube can be misleading. AFAIK these extension tubes doesnt allow autofocus, only AE mettering.

11-29-2007, 02:37 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Gruoso Quote
@TXBONDS

Be careful with the reading cos the name of the extension tube can be misleading. AFAIK these extension tubes doesnt allow autofocus, only AE mettering.
Thanks. I'll keep an eye on what I receive if they actually have one in stock. If it has AE metering then that's really all I'll need most likely as I'll probably manual focus most close focus work I do with it.

Greg
11-29-2007, 02:51 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by txbonds Quote
Holding my fingers crossed.

I called sigma4less and had them pull up the order. Then asked if the item was actually in stock and the lady indicated her computer showed they had ONE in stock. I pressed a little, so she is going to have someone actually check and give me a call back.

My guess is it will turn out to be a computer error, but who knows......... maybe I'll get lucky and they actually have a new, old stock one sitting there. Thanks again to xs400 for the possible lead.
Just my luck, they only have one left and I tell someone else where to get it. Now I can't buy it. Oh, well. I hope they do have that one in stock and you get it. I'm sure you want it more than I do anyway. If I had really wanted it, I wouldn't have told you there was one listed at sigma4less. I would have bought it for myself. Enjoy your new toy!!
11-29-2007, 02:54 PM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by xs400 Quote
Just my luck, they only have one left and I tell someone else where to get it. Now I can't buy it. Oh, well. I hope they do have that one in stock and you get it. I'm sure you want it more than I do anyway. If I had really wanted it, I wouldn't have told you there was one listed at sigma4less. I would have bought it for myself. Enjoy your new toy!!
Sorry. I had no way to know that there would only be one available. That said, the order still shows as pending and the lady hasn't called me back yet, so there probably isn't even the one available anyway.

Thanks again though and I do feel bad if I get the only one.

Greg
11-30-2007, 10:24 AM   #11

Original Poster
Well, no such luck. Sigma4less didn't actually have one in stock after all. Oh well..............
11-30-2007, 04:27 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by txbonds Quote
Well, no such luck. Sigma4less didn't actually have one in stock after all. Oh well..............

To bad. I was hoping you'd get it.
11-30-2007, 07:04 PM   #13

Folks

I bought a Kenko tube for K10D at B & H for use with my Sigma 18-200 Lens. Tube did not fit into K10D. I returned it next day.

You may want to make sure that it fits well for the combination of lens and body.

G. Hegde