Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2011, 01:47 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
FA 50 f/1.7 cleaning

I bought an FA 50 f/1.7 with some fungus thinking I could get it cleaned. It works fine even with the fungus; the impact to the sharpness and contrast isn't huge. Aside from the fungus, the lens is in excellent shape. So, in order to get it up to 100%, I sent it to Eric Hendrickson to get it cleaned. He discovered that some of the elements are in sealed groups, so he couldn't clean all of the fungus. (He's a great guy to do business with, btw.) It's definitely better now, but the remaining fungus is irking me.

Is there anyone out there who works on these and can clean all of the elements? This might be a ridiculous request, but I figured if anyone would know, it would be someone on the Pentax Forums.

Thanks for any suggestions or help!

08-30-2011, 02:19 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Gus Lazzari (TLC camera in N.C.) does just about everything, does great work and takes his time, but isn't taking any new jobs for a couple months while he catches up. (He's had my 1954 50 f1.1 Zunow for over a year...)

(I agree Eric is also great to do business with; as is Gus - but Gus is also a chance to practice patience!)
08-31-2011, 06:08 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Gus sounds like a busy guy! Maybe I'll look him up and ask if he has any ideas. it may not be possible to clean this sealed lens group, and I don't want to be without my FA50 for too long.