Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2007, 08:26 AM   #16
Inactive Account

you guys are correct. I should look on the bright side. Not having lenses dangle in front of me does keep my LBA well in check lol.

12-01-2007, 08:47 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by txbonds Quote
Don't feel bad, I'm in a town with 3 major colleges, the state capital and about 200,000+ residents, and the only camera store I've found is a "ritz camera" located in the mall that is little better than a point and shoot trinket store. They don't have any pentax lenses, no lowepro bags and I think they only recently even got a photo developing machine installed.
That IS bad.
12-01-2007, 01:34 PM   #18
SouthShoreRob

QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
Thanks for the heads-up Mike. As posted elsewhere we have a camera store opening-up here today and I'm doing exactly as you say but, when CAN I go to the store and get the accesory?

Now we know why you posted the Lottery shot.
I dropped by this aft, tire-kicked the two new DA* lenses, talked to the used counter guy, RESISTED the temptation, and then hit the road before the credit card came out of my wallet, lol.
12-01-2007, 02:00 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So y'all are thinking it's a bad thing I live in a town where there are 4 camera stores carrying Pentax gear? <GRIN>

Hey, I've only gotten one new lens so far (Promaster 70-300)...

Jim

12-01-2007, 02:21 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You don't need to have a camera store in town when you have a computer. Just ask me. K10D, DA 12-24, DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, Hoya "Moose" 77mm polarizer, LL-80 focusing screen (en route) ... and PayPal has my credit card number on file. That was last month.
12-01-2007, 03:52 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by txbonds Quote
Don't feel bad, I'm in a town with 3 major colleges, the state capital and about 200,000+ residents, and the only camera store I've found is a "ritz camera" located in the mall that is little better than a point and shoot trinket store. They don't have any pentax lenses, no lowepro bags and I think they only recently even got a photo developing machine installed.
If it's Austin you are referring to, why not try Precision Camera at 38th and Lamar? Back in my film days, they actually had Pentax equipment on hand. May be different these days. We moved from The Peoples Republic of Austin in 2001, but I had a friend drop a fortune with them about a year ago and he had great service. Granted, he was buying Nikon, not Pentax.

I live in a town of 1,000, so everything comes courtesy of UPS. I occasionally stop in the camera shop in Oklahoma City, but they don't have much Pentax. I did buy my K10D from them, though. I really want to visit B&H one of these days, but I want to have a couple thousand in my pocket when I do...
12-01-2007, 04:08 PM   #22
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by ericc Quote
I really want to visit B&H one of these days, but I want to have a couple thousand in my pocket when I do...
Think a couple of Thousand will be enough?

I'm almost afraid I would drop that much just on accessories before I even got serious about looking and cameras and lens.
12-01-2007, 05:12 PM   #23

What kind of friend are you anyway.. too @@#$!! Late

Where were you when I needed your guidance.... dammit! Good suggestion on what not to do, but I did not have my computer yesterday as I was on the road. I dropped in to Kirks Camera's in Ringwood, Victoria.. saw my first 50-135 DA*

Should never have put it on the K10D, or snapped off a few shots... Now it is in my bag!! I feel used, sob!

Are we having fun yet??

Phil

12-01-2007, 05:16 PM   #24

Stopped in a local shop yesterday in the Baltimore area (not exactly a small metro area) to pick up a Lowepro bag, which are currently 20% off. The salesman told me about the upcoming Canon and Nikon days. When I asked when Pentax day was, he laughed and said he hadn't seen a Pentax rep in years. Whose fault is that, their's or Pentax? Donít you hate the reactions you sometimes get when you ask about Pentax gear? In their display case I saw a K10 and a DA 50-200, that's it. Have to buy on line to get what I want. Another store in the area that claims to cater to professionals and students doesn't carry Pentax at all. They had a big demo day a few weeks ago, and I went specifically to see the Tamron rep. Of course, no Pentax mount lenses on hand to try out. I like my Pentax gear and intend to buy more, but they have got a lot of marketing work to do to rebuild their image.

BobG
12-01-2007, 05:32 PM   #25
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I think we should start a 10 step ''LBA'' recovery program here....:ugh:
12-01-2007, 07:13 PM   #26

QuoteOriginally posted by ericc Quote
If it's Austin you are referring to, why not try Precision Camera at 38th and Lamar? Back in my film days, they actually had Pentax equipment on hand. May be different these days. We moved from The Peoples Republic of Austin in 2001, but I had a friend drop a fortune with them about a year ago and he had great service. Granted, he was buying Nikon, not Pentax.

I live in a town of 1,000, so everything comes courtesy of UPS. I occasionally stop in the camera shop in Oklahoma City, but they don't have much Pentax. I did buy my K10D from them, though. I really want to visit B&H one of these days, but I want to have a couple thousand in my pocket when I do...
Thanks, actually I'm Florida.

I did find one store here other than the Ritz camera today, but they only carry "promaster stuff" and it was all for canon and nikon.
12-01-2007, 07:43 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've actually managed to stay away from Henrys.ca main and outlet store for a long time now (broke) and LBA is slowing falling dormant again but all this talk about lenses is dangerous. LoL
12-01-2007, 08:39 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It's a good thing no place close by here has much Pentax gear because I was comparing prices on the DA 70 and the FA 77 as soon as I saw your picture taken with your DA70 Mike. If I could have walked into a shop today and bought it, I probably would have, the only problem is I can't afford it. I like the 77 for it's aperture ring and the 70 for the quick shift focusing. But the 77 is way out of my league. But then I start thinking how I spent more on a fly rod and reel than the 77 costs this year and I already had 7 or 8 fly rods, then I start rationalizing about how that isn't really THAT much money and heck I can eat Banquet Spaghetti dinners for another 6 months, no problem.
The problem is I've determined that I NEED a 400 or 500mm lens, ALSO.
Can anyone help me rationalize that one?
12-01-2007, 10:21 PM   #29
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Eaglerapids Quote
It's a good thing no place close by here has much Pentax gear because I was comparing prices on the DA 70 and the FA 77 as soon as I saw your picture taken with your DA70 Mike. If I could have walked into a shop today and bought it, I probably would have, the only problem is I can't afford it. I like the 77 for it's aperture ring and the 70 for the quick shift focusing. But the 77 is way out of my league. But then I start thinking how I spent more on a fly rod and reel than the 77 costs this year and I already had 7 or 8 fly rods, then I start rationalizing about how that isn't really THAT much money and heck I can eat Banquet Spaghetti dinners for another 6 months, no problem.
The problem is I've determined that I NEED a 400 or 500mm lens, ALSO.
Can anyone help me rationalize that one?
The good shops in the Metro-Detroit area have all went by the wayside. Get your hands on a DA-70 and it will behold you. I wish I could even have a moment in time to even handle a FA 77 let alone mount it on my body for five moments.

L

Last edited by WendyB; 12-01-2007 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Dyslexic typing fingers
12-02-2007, 05:58 AM   #30
Forum Member

Actually, I am curious about one thing.
Is this LBA thing, exists in C&N brands as well?
I know LBA term belongs to us pentaxians but, does it exsist under different names