Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2007, 08:49 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tubadad Quote
8.375% is not too bad, I just went to the store and bought a PENTAX SMCP - FA 50MM/1.4 for $219.99 the tax on this was $30.80!! I don't feel bad though, last week the lens was selling for $289 at the same store.

Hey Chako, Henry's has free shippin in Canada until Dec. 16th.

tubadad
Did you get that lens from a Henry's??? I missed out! LOL!

You guys are talking about LBA too much! I pass a Black's, Henry's and soon to open Vistek (not to mention the FutureShop and Best Buy) every single day on my way to and from work. Just like Salty, I wish I had blinders.

Fortunately, I walked away from dropping $900 plus taxes on a K10D, grip and extra battery. My other option, the 50-135 for just a measly $150 more, using my plastic. LOL!! Waiting for something better...that's how I've kept myself from spending so far.

12-06-2007, 09:16 PM   #47
Veteran Member

I agree Henry's is tearing me apart with their latest K10D Body for $650! Grrr.. I guess I'm lucky I don't have the play now pay later plastic! Would put me in some serious debt.
12-07-2007, 01:50 AM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ebay and online stores all the way i used to shop at retail stores, but now i realise how much they charge.. before the internet, i had nothing to compare prices too.. but now i do, and i wish i had shopped online years ago.. i have been spending up a bit lately.
12-07-2007, 01:52 AM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FotoPete Quote
I agree Henry's is tearing me apart with their latest K10D Body for $650! Grrr.. I guess I'm lucky I don't have the play now pay later plastic! Would put me in some serious debt.
yer, im a firm beleiver of spending only what you have and when you can afford it.. credit is a bad bad thing and it catches up...... eventually. i ran up a 7,000 debt with G.E and it took me a while to pay it off with a LOT of interest. i wouldnt touch a credit card/loan ever again.

12-07-2007, 07:29 AM   #50
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by distorted_vision Quote
yer, im a firm beleiver of spending only what you have and when you can afford it.. credit is a bad bad thing and it catches up...... eventually. i ran up a 7,000 debt with G.E and it took me a while to pay it off with a LOT of interest. i wouldnt touch a credit card/loan ever again.
Same here...If the money is not in my checking account, I simply do not buy it...
I at one time had so much credit card debt, that after a while I could not even pay attention....

Never again..
12-07-2007, 07:34 AM   #51
Veteran Member

My LBA is fed through a slowly incrementing savings account. I end up being able to buy one half-decent lens per year or so. This was an exceptional year, got the K10d and a 21 ltd.

I try to avoid camera stores as much as possible these days...
I should probably avoid forums like this too (but I know I won't)
12-07-2007, 09:40 AM   #52
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by davek Quote
My LBA is fed through a slowly incrementing savings account. I end up being able to buy one half-decent lens per year or so. This was an exceptional year, got the K10d and a 21 ltd.

I try to avoid camera stores as much as possible these days...
I should probably avoid forums like this too (but I know I won't)
Yep, I keep a Paypal account dedicated to lenses. I just keep a rotating collection, and with the crazy appreciation do Pentax glass lately, I make a little profit every time I sell something. It works out pretty well, actually.

And since B&H accepts Paypal, I'm not just limited to the fungus-filled "mint" items on ebay.

12-07-2007, 10:22 AM   #53
Inactive Account

[QUOTE=Alvin;129718]Did you get that lens from a Henry's??? I missed out! LOL!

Actually, ended up ordering it from Henry's Online, two stores were out - although there are some available in the Pickering and Oshawa locations. Lady said there are problems with supply from Pentax - I heard that there was a fire at Pentax in Japan.

Evil Tubadad!
Sorry Chako!
12-07-2007, 03:58 PM   #54
Inactive Account

That is ok. After a few cold showers, I was able to resist visiting Henry's on the web. It was a struggle though, as it is sixth on my browser’s favorite list.

I think my next lens is going to be the 10-17 fisheye zoom. It might even be my Christmas gift to myself.
12-07-2007, 11:08 PM   #55

QuoteOriginally posted by distorted_vision Quote
ebay and online stores all the way i used to shop at retail stores, but now i realise how much they charge.. before the internet, i had nothing to compare prices too.. but now i do, and i wish i had shopped online years ago.. i have been spending up a bit lately.
Not always true. The DA* 50-135 I recently bought was $100 less at a bricks and mortar than I could find it on the web.