Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-04-2011, 08:34 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Be sure to register your Sigma lenses for free warranty extension!

This came up in another thread, but I thought it might be a good idea to post a separate thread to remind everybody.

Sigma camera lenses sold in the US by authorized dealers come with a 1 year warranty. If you register your lens with Sigma, they extend the warranty for free. EX lenses get an additional 3 years of coverage, for a total of 4 years. Non-EX lenses get an additional 2 years of warranty coverage, for a total of 3 years.

If you haven't registered your Sigma lens yet, make sure you do so in order to get the longer warranty. I just registered 50-150mm f/2.8, and here's a link to the registration page:

Sigma - Service - Register your new Sigma

I also just purchased a Mack Camera 7-year extended warranty on Amazon for $19.95, so my lens will be covered for a total of 11 years.

Also, by registering your lens you are making a record of the serial number, which could be useful in case it is ever stolen. In fact, it's probably a good idea to go ahead and record the serial numbers of all your photo gear.

I'm a police officer, and a couple months ago I took a report from a new father/budding photographer who was heartbroken because he had left his car unlocked in his driveway overnight, and had his Nikon D5000 and his two kit lenses and miscellaneous accessories stolen from the glovebox. In addition to the $1400 worth of gear, there was also a memory card in the camera with a bunch of pictures he hadn't transferred yet. He had the serial numbers for the camera and the lenses, so we were able to recover the items a few weeks later when serving a narcotics search warrant at a nearby trailer park. A detective noticed a DSLR and a couple lenses sitting on top of dresser in plain sight. Even though the search warrant was only for drugs, he was able to see the serial number of the lenses since they were in plain site. He had dispatch run the number, and it returned to the stolen gear. So record all your serial numbers!

09-04-2011, 06:30 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for good information.
05-15-2013, 06:57 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I just registered my new Sigma 85mm f/1.4, so I figured I would bump this thread for anybody else who needs a reminder to register their Sigma lenses. This 85mm is definitely a keeper!