Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-08-2011, 01:20 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Pentax SMC 200mm A* f2.8 Pricing advice

I have one of these beautiful lenses that is no longer getting use due to the fact that I now have the FA* 80-200. I put it up for sale on the UK Pentax users site (sorry don't do international shipping yet) at what I thought was a reasonable price but have had no real interest. Has anyone bought/sold one of these fairly recently, and if so would you mind sharing how much you paid so that I can gauge whether I am way off with my pricing - thanks in advance

09-08-2011, 02:22 AM - 1 Like   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I woudl start to look at the Lens database at PF:
Pentax A* 200mm F2.8 ED Reviews - A Prime Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

The data base may give you also some indicative price (US$600-700).

Then I would consider to post an add at PF marketplace. There are genuine Pentaxians who might be interested. I woudl suggest that you indicate clearly upfront if your price includes shipping (or not) and Paypal fees (or not).

Hope that the comment will help...
09-08-2011, 06:56 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks HCC - I did take a look at the reviews which is what made me think my price of 425 shipped (in the UK) was pretty good. I may use the Marketplace, but need to investigate shipping costs, payment methods, etc a bit more before posting on there.

Thanks again