Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-03-2007, 01:45 AM   #1
Veteran Member
distorted_vision's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: melbourne, ozzland
Posts: 1,267
Tamron 1:3.8 80-210 CF Telemacro Lens

hey guys, will the Tamron 1:3.8 80-210 CF Telemacro Lens fit straight onto my pentax k100d?


Last edited by distorted_vision; 01-31-2008 at 02:35 AM.
12-03-2007, 04:11 AM   #2
Veteran Member
distorted_vision's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: melbourne, ozzland
Posts: 1,267
Original Poster
apparently it has a Adaptall II Stainless steel mount if that helps??
12-03-2007, 04:15 AM   #3
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 239
Mmm... Does no LOOK like K mount for me... I may be mistaken, but still mine old Kiron looks different.
12-03-2007, 04:17 AM   #4
Veteran Member
distorted_vision's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: melbourne, ozzland
Posts: 1,267
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Snowcat Quote
Mmm... Does no LOOK like K mount for me... I may be mistaken, but still mine old Kiron looks different.
so if thats the case.... would i need an adapter to make it fit? i was under the impression that the k100d and k10d would take any lense that was made for pentax? or is that wrong?

12-03-2007, 04:36 AM   #5
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 239
Well, I can be just wrong about this one being not a k-mount. There is the only one K-look-like mount that can DAMAGE your camera - so called KR mount, developed by Ricoh after Pentax closed their AF mount format. This is definetely not it, KR has relatively lots of contacts.
So you can just mount this to your camera and see if it works, it's safe.
12-03-2007, 04:40 AM   #6
Veteran Member
distorted_vision's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: melbourne, ozzland
Posts: 1,267
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Snowcat Quote
Well, I can be just wrong about this one being not a k-mount. There is the only one K-look-like mount that can DAMAGE your camera - so called KR mount, developed by Ricoh after Pentax closed their AF mount format. This is definetely not it, KR has relatively lots of contacts.
So you can just mount this to your camera and see if it works, it's safe.
ok... thanks alot for the feedback mate, i really appreicate it.
12-04-2007, 03:18 AM   #7
Veteran Member
distorted_vision's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: melbourne, ozzland
Posts: 1,267
Original Poster
can anyone else shed some light on this?? i would really appreciate it
12-04-2007, 03:19 AM   #8
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 668
The second picture clearly says "For Pentax KM" as in K-Mount. Yes, it will work.

12-04-2007, 03:27 AM   #9
Veteran Member
distorted_vision's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: melbourne, ozzland
Posts: 1,267
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SupremeMoFo Quote
The second picture clearly says "For Pentax KM" as in K-Mount. Yes, it will work.
awesome mate.. thanks alot.. so anything 'k mount' will fit my k100d? is there any lenses that require an adapter ring.. and if so.. are they expensive??
thanks again..

kev
12-04-2007, 04:16 AM   #10
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 668
Yep, any K mount. As someone said, Ricoh lenses are similar to K mount but have to be hacksawed a little to suit.

M42 lenses (screw mount) require an adapter ring. The genuine Pentax item is the best (easiest to use). I bought mine for $48, it was a backorder item from Teds. I sold it with a Super-Takumar 135/2.5 because I didn't have much interest in the older lenses.
12-04-2007, 04:44 AM   #11
Veteran Member
distorted_vision's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: melbourne, ozzland
Posts: 1,267
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SupremeMoFo Quote
Yep, any K mount. As someone said, Ricoh lenses are similar to K mount but have to be hacksawed a little to suit.

M42 lenses (screw mount) require an adapter ring. The genuine Pentax item is the best (easiest to use). I bought mine for $48, it was a backorder item from Teds. I sold it with a Super-Takumar 135/2.5 because I didn't have much interest in the older lenses.
ahhk, thankx alot for that mate..
12-06-2007, 12:32 AM   #12
Veteran Member
distorted_vision's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: melbourne, ozzland
Posts: 1,267
Original Poster
i ended up buying this lense for $42 off ebay and i just received it.. its fantastic.. im pretty happy with it and its in such good condition...
06-08-2010, 05:53 PM   #13
Inactive Account




Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3
I have a TAMRON 1:3.8 thats a k mount. i cant seem to get it to fit my K1000. any ideas?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
cf, k-mount, lens, pentax lens, slr lens, tamron, telemacro
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamron 70-210 f/3.5-4 adaptall lens with a contax mount? will this work for a pentax emmadaryl Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 1 10-28-2010 09:03 PM
For Sale - Sold: Tamron 100-300mm 1:5-6.3 Telemacro (1:4) jjdgti Sold Items 6 01-28-2009 12:13 PM
Pentax-A 70-210/4 vs Tamron SP 70-210/3.5 Teja Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 2 01-26-2007 02:09 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:48 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top