Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2007, 03:34 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
I've bought stuff like that before. Sometimes it works out really well, and makes up for the disappointments of the ones that don't.

I picked up a nice Takumar which was receiving no bids, probably due to the photo of the lens on the auction being total crap. You could tell it was a black tube with glass on the end and that was about it. Worked out well for me, as I got a 135/3.5 and a 2x converter for fifteen bucks. After it was over I told the seller he could have gotten $30~40 if he had taken the time and effort to include a decent photo of the items.
yer i can believe that.. its amazing what you can find on ebay isnt it.. i took your advice about 2nd hand gear and looked into it..

12-06-2007, 10:56 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
well i received this set up in the mail today and all i can say is SH*T!!! everything is absolutely perfect.. im blown away with the deal i got.. its madness! one thing im interested in , is a filter called a 'raindow spot' filter.. it seems to capture rainbow light reflections??
12-06-2007, 11:03 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by distorted_vision Quote
im blown away with the deal i got.. its madness!
THIS IS PENTAX! (Or Sparta.lol)

Anyways about the fuzzy photos the lens attached to the camera is a Sigma 70-210 f4-5.6. (Push pull zoom)

The small lens is probably a Sigma 28-70 ...or 35-70. Aperture probably starting at f3.5.
12-06-2007, 11:12 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by FotoPete Quote
The lens attached to the camera is a Sigma 70-210 f4-5.6. (Push pull zoom)

The small lens is probably a Sigma 28-70 ...or 35-70. Aperture probably starting at f3.5.
yep, you are indeed correct, the small lense is a 35-70.. just a question also.. i have a selection of 'cokin' sliding filters. u screw this plastic mount onto the end of the lense and then u slide in all these different colour filters.. any reason for this? is it for a particular type of photography, or just the equivelant to a modern day 'colour screw on filter'?

12-06-2007, 11:31 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Each of the filters does something. I'm not especially skilled with filters. I can't really see which ones you got either.

Mostly colour effects. Like the blue to make an image colder. Looks like you also got a dark filter. If its like a neutral density, it helps cut light so you can limit over exposure during daytime/use wider apertures in the light for more DOF isolation and bokeh. There are other filters like those that have a slight tan tint to it. These are more to warm your photo colour.

But I've never had a Cokin set. Could never get my hands on a Cokin A121. haha
12-06-2007, 11:46 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by FotoPete Quote
Each of the filters does something. I'm not especially skilled with filters. I can't really see which ones you got either.

Mostly colour effects. Like the blue to make an image colder. Looks like you also got a dark filter. If its like a neutral density, it helps cut light so you can limit over exposure during daytime/use wider apertures in the light for more DOF isolation and bokeh. There are other filters like those that have a slight tan tint to it. These are more to warm your photo colour.

But I've never had a Cokin set. Could never get my hands on a Cokin A121. haha
ahyer? interesting mate, thanks alot for that! yer, there are 5 different slide filters in total, the lenses take great shots also.. ive been testing them out ... i will post up a few pics later on..

THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!

Last edited by distorted_vision; 12-06-2007 at 11:56 PM.
12-07-2007, 02:19 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
well heres some pics using the sigma 35-70. im so bloody impressed with this lense..