Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-03-2007, 02:03 AM   #1
Veteran Member

need help with identifying lenses...

hey guys, can anyone tell me what lenses these are and if they any good? i know the pic isnt the best, but its the only one i can get at the moment,-any feedback would be greatly appreciated. i won this on ebay for a great price... also... what is the filter with the square in the middle called and what is it designed for
?

Attached Images

Last edited by distorted_vision; 01-31-2008 at 02:35 AM.
12-03-2007, 02:25 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Can't help with the lenses, but the filter gives an effect like looking at a broken mirror. Know how you see yourself seperately in each portion? Something like that. You'll see a normal image surrounded by four repeats of the image. The little nub sticking out the top lets you rotate the filter after it is mounted so you can vary the angle/arrangement of the effect.

At least that's what I think it is.....
12-03-2007, 02:39 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Can't help with the lenses, but the filter gives an effect like looking at a broken mirror. Know how you see yourself seperately in each portion? Something like that. You'll see a normal image surrounded by four repeats of the image. The little nub sticking out the top lets you rotate the filter after it is mounted so you can vary the angle/arrangement of the effect.

At least that's what I think it is.....
ahhk, interesting.. sounds a bit odd. thanks for that mate...
12-03-2007, 03:28 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
also, i beleive it is an sf7 camera body?? if so.. are these any good?

12-03-2007, 04:17 AM   #5

Closer pictures of each piece please?
12-03-2007, 04:19 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Snowcat Quote
Closer pictures of each piece please?
no, i dont have any closer pictures as i just bought this off ebay for $50
12-03-2007, 06:27 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The seller didn't say what the lenses were? Hmm.... I'm not sure about the ranges, but they look like older Sigma lenses. Actually, I'm wondering if the smaller one might not be a prime of some sort. Maybe a 50mm macro or a wide angle? Regardless, it looks like you got MUCH more than $50 worth in the deal.
12-03-2007, 06:28 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by distorted_vision Quote
also, i beleive it is an sf7 camera body?? if so.. are these any good?
The second picture DOES say SF7

12-03-2007, 11:38 AM   #9
Veteran Member

When it matters, I seek out info on what stuff is and whether it is any good or not before I buy it.
12-03-2007, 12:05 PM   #10
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had an SF7 for quite some time and found it to be quite a good film camera.
The results I got from it were quite pleasing. Can recommend the model, but depends on quality of your particular camera. Run a film through it and see how you feel about it.
12-03-2007, 06:22 PM   #11

The filter with the square in the middle is exactly as Mike described it. I have one that came with my ME when I bought it. Mine is a "Hoya Multi-Vision 49mm".
12-04-2007, 03:21 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
The seller didn't say what the lenses were? Hmm.... I'm not sure about the ranges, but they look like older Sigma lenses. Actually, I'm wondering if the smaller one might not be a prime of some sort. Maybe a 50mm macro or a wide angle? Regardless, it looks like you got MUCH more than $50 worth in the deal.
no, the girl selling them , does not have a clue about photography. she was given the camera as a gift from her husband, as he upgraded to digital. included is the camera body,the 2 lenses pictured, 6 assorted lense filters, a light meter, a low pro backpack style bag and a selection of photography books. i just happened to see the item and i thought i would see what i can do,. this was my 1st ebay purchase, so im pretty stoked with it so far, just awaiting shipment..
12-04-2007, 03:22 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
When it matters, I seek out info on what stuff is and whether it is any good or not before I buy it.

i figured for the price , it was worth the risk...
12-04-2007, 03:24 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote
I had an SF7 for quite some time and found it to be quite a good film camera.
The results I got from it were quite pleasing. Can recommend the model, but depends on quality of your particular camera. Run a film through it and see how you feel about it.
awesome, thats great to know, hopefully it works as well as you claim.. end of the day, for the money, i would be happy with the filters, backpack and books, let alone the camera, light meter and lenses, for the money i paid...
12-04-2007, 03:28 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by distorted_vision Quote
i figured for the price , it was worth the risk...
I've bought stuff like that before. Sometimes it works out really well, and makes up for the disappointments of the ones that don't.

I picked up a nice Takumar which was receiving no bids, probably due to the photo of the lens on the auction being total crap. You could tell it was a black tube with glass on the end and that was about it. Worked out well for me, as I got a 135/3.5 and a 2x converter for fifteen bucks. After it was over I told the seller he could have gotten $30~40 if he had taken the time and effort to include a decent photo of the items.