Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #1

lens mount identification help request

Hi, all! Back with another mount identification question. I thank you in advance for your patience (I really do try to do my research first before buying anything, I promise!). A lens just arrived and it was listed by KEH as being a manual focus Pentax lens (which is separate from their screwmount/M42 lens category for Pentax, *if* memory serves me, in terms of how they classify things). I am attaching photos below. It's a Sigma Mini-Wide II, incidentally. Can you kindly tell me if this is, in fact, a Pentax mount? It will not properly mount on my K20D. I'm totally open to it being user error on my part, lol, in terms of me attempting to mount it, but...the flange (is that it's called?) is hitting against something and I'm terribly scared of ruining something I tried to look at the backs of my other Pentax lenses and align accordingly, but, I suspect this may not be a Pentax mount.

I did check some previous threads (actually, I called KEH first!) and went to a page recommended that I have visited myself many a time that shows some mounts, and I *suspect* this could be a Minolta mount, only because of the "notch in the top bayonet lug" is also towards the end, as described there.Further, lacking from this lens mount is the trusty red dot. There is a bulbous red dot on the outside of the lens, similar to what's on my Canon EOS lenses. There are no contacts.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanking you kindly in advance!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
09-09-2011, 04:50 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
That is not a pentax K mount. A pentax K has a flange ear beside the aperture lever and a hole/notch for the lens lock pin in the same area..

KEH will replace it for you no doubt.
09-09-2011, 04:58 PM   #3
Pentaxian

That looks like a Minolta MC/MD mount.

Read this guide.

I can verify it tonight when I get home.
09-09-2011, 05:04 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks so much for your quick response! I suspected not, but don't have enough confidence (i.e. experience) at this point to be positive. I will do a return, then. Thank you so much again! Have a great weekend!

09-09-2011, 05:07 PM   #5

Original Poster
Oops! Another post was made while I was making mine! Yes, thank you so much! That was the exact guide I had referred to, as well. Bummer...was really looking forward to shooting with this -- and I've no Minolta or Sony camera bodies on hand to pair it with ;-) Thank you both so very much!
09-09-2011, 08:32 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Definitely Minolta MC/MD mount. Just compared it to several of my old Minolta lenses. The little chink in one of the bayonet flukes and the post on the opposite side are distinct.
09-10-2011, 01:16 PM   #7

Original Poster
Thank you kindly for the confirmation, blackcloudbrew! I have arranged for a return authorization this morning.
And thanks again, newarts and SOldbear for your assistance, as well! =)